Dr. Carrie Wolfe is an optometrist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Wolfe specializing in providing eye care services to patients. As an optometrist, Dr. Wolfe performs eye exams, tests vision, corrects vision by prescribing eye glasses or contacts, detects certain eye disorders and manages and treats vision problems. Optometrists often work closely with ophthalmologists who may need to further treat patients with surgical procedures.
Dr. Carrie Elizabeth Wolfe OD's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35235Get Direction
Dr. Carrie Elizabeth Wolfe OD's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Age-Related Macular Degeneration?
Age-related macular degeneration is a common eye condition that affects macula, a small part at the back of the eye. Macula is the area of eye that helps us to differentiate the finer details. Damage to macula leads to gradual blurring of central vision. Macular degeneration impairs sharp vision and...
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- What Causes Iritis?
What is iritis?The colored part of the eye is called the iris. When the iris gets inflamed, the condition is called iritis, which is also called anterior uveitis. The muscles present in the iris help in pupil contraction and relaxation. The anterior and posterior chambers of the eye are also...
- Eyelid Twitching and Stress
What is eyelid twitching?Eyelid twitching or myokymia is an involuntary eyelid spasm. The upper lid is usually affected, but spasms can also occur in the lower lid or both lids. Eyelid twitching is often mild for most people. However, others may experience stronger spasms, which may force their lids...
- How Long Does It Take To Get A Cataract Removed?
How Cataract Surgery is Performed Prior to a cataracts surgery, you will have to attend an eye assessment with an ophthalmologist. The ophthalmologist will first examine your health condition and any previous eye treatments. They will also check for any other eye problems currently affecting...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cataract Surgery
What is a cataract?Sometimes there is a clouding of the lens in the eye; this clouding is called a cataract. Mostly, this clouding is related to old age. In fact, the majority of Americans aged 80 and above have experienced this clouding or have already undergone a cataract surgery at a particular...
- Dr. Jamie C. Reid O.D.1716 UNIVERSITY BLVD BIRMINGHAM AL 35294
- Dr. Audrey Edwards Lyons OD790 Montclair Rd Birmingham AL 35213
- Dr. John Keriotis O.D.790 Montgomery Hwy Birmingham AL 35216
- Dr. Katherine Weise O.D.1716 University Blvd Birmingham AL 35294
- Dr. Zachary B Steele O.D.133 Chalkville Rd Trussville AL 35173
- Dr. Adam Gordon O.D.1716 University Blvd Birmingham AL 35294