Dr. Orrin Scheff is an ophthalmologist practicing in Glenview, IL. Dr. Scheff specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Scheff can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Scheff can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ of Il Coll of Med, Chicago Il 1970
University of Illinois College of Medicine 1970
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Univ Il Hosp & Cli, Ophthalmology; Univ Il Hosp & Cli, Internal Medicine
Dr. Orrin M Scheff MD's Practice location
Glenview, IL 60025Get Direction
Dr. Orrin M Scheff MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Glaucoma?
Glaucoma is a group of conditions that leads to the impairment of the optic nerve that carries information from the eyes to the brain. It is a progressive condition, which, if not treated, may lead to complete loss of vision. The most common cause of this damage is the increase in the pressure...
- In Plain Sight: Vision Changes Linked to Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s disease is a chronic, progressive movement disorder that affects the nervous system. It is characterized by gradual death and breakdown of nerve cells in the brain resulting in the decreased production of a chemical messenger called dopamine. Reduced dopamine levels cause abnormal...
- Living with Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 diabetesType 1 diabetes, which is also called insulin-dependent diabetes, is the more severe form of diabetes. Type 1 diabetes develops at any age, but it usually develops among children and teenagers. This is the reason why it is also commonly called “juvenile” diabetes.Living with type...
- What Could a Swollen Eyelid Mean?
Your eyelid’s skin is stretchy and loose with a thickness of less than 1 mm. Your eyelids can swell if there is a buildup of fluid in the tissues that surround your eyes.In most cases, swollen eyelids are not a cause for concern and can return back to its normal shape and size after a few days....
- What is Traumatic Cataract?
Perhaps the most poorly recognized key health challenge today is trauma. In the developed world, trauma causes monocular blindness. Ocular injury otiology may vary from one urban area to another and therefore needs careful investigation. Any approach for preventing trauma requires familiarity with...
- Dr. Dimitri G. Perros M.D.800 Austin Evanston Illinois 60202
- Dr. Mark I. Golden M.D.875 North Michigan Avenue Chicago Illinois 60611
- Dr. James Reidy MD60 East Delaware Place Chicago IL 60611
- Manvi Prakash Maker2050 Pfingsten Road Glenview Illinois 60026
- Dr. Deepa G. Reddy M.D.1900 W Harrison St Chicago IL 60612
- Dr. Veeral S. Sheth M.D.1855 W Taylor St Chicago IL 60612