Dr. Rebecca Burgan is a speech language pathologist practicing in KETTERING, OH. Dr. Burgan specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Burgan evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Burgan helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Rebecca A Burgan MACCC-SLP's Practice location
KETTERING, OH 45440Get Direction
Rebecca A Burgan MACCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Benita Bivens9227 DAYTON GREENVILLE PIKE BROOKVILLE OH 45309
- Veronica D Hairston SLP4710 TIMBER TRAIL DR MIDDLETOWN OH 45044
- Theresa Lehmann MA, CCC-SLP3750 FAR HILLS AVE KETTERING OH 45429
- Nina Ann West MSCCC, SLP223 BRIARCLIFF RD DAYTON OH 45415
- Mrs. Nicole E George MA, CCC-SLP2380 LEBANON RD CLARKSVILLE OH 45113
- Mrs. Debra Lampl Murray MS, CCC15 SOUTHMOOR CIRCLE NE DAYTON OH 45429