Dr. Matthew Poppe practices Radiation Oncology in Salt Lake City, UT. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Poppe specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Education and Training
Oregon Health & Science University School of Medicine 1998
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- A comparison of helical intensity-modulated radiotherapy, intensity-modulated radiotherapy, and 3D-conformal radiation therapy for pancreatic cancer.
- Long-term life expectancy for children with ependymoma and medulloblastoma.
- In the Modern Treatment Era, Is Breast Conservation Equivalent to Mastectomy in Women Younger Than 40 Years of Age? A Multi-Institution Study.
- Analysis of nodal coverage utilizing image guided radiation therapy for primary gynecologic tumor volumes.
- Patterns of Care in Proton Radiation Therapy for Pediatric Central Nervous System Malignancies.
- Post-mastectomy Radiotherapy for pT3N0 Breast Cancers: A Retrospective, Multi-Institution Review.
- Outcomes and utilization of postmastectomy radiotherapy for T3N0 breast cancers.
- Brachytherapy Improves Survival in Stage III Endometrial Cancer With Cervical Involvement.
- Is radiation indicated for young women with early stage, node-negative breast
- Prostate Cancer
- Throat Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Brain Tumor
- Bone Cancer
- Wrinkle & Scar Improvement
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
Dr. Matthew M Poppe M.D.'s Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84112Get Direction
New Brunswick, NJ 08901Get Direction
Dr. Matthew M Poppe M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Alternative Treatment for Prostate Cancer
Prostate cancer has become a common disease in men, especially those aged from 50 years and above. Having prostate cancer comes with its own effects that no one wants to be part of. Various symptoms accompany an affected prostate gland. Such symptoms may include pain when urinating, high frequency...
- Understanding Radiation Therapy
Radiation therapy is one of the major treatments for any type of cancer. It is a procedure that uses high energy particles such as gamma rays, protons, electrons, x-rays, and electron beams to destroy cancer cells. Other names for radiation therapy include x-ray therapy, radiotherapy, or...
- Cervical Cancer Defined
The cervix connects the uterus and vagina. The endocervix is the part of the cervix that is closest to the uterus while an ectocervix is nearer to the vagina. Most cases of cervical cancer begin in the cell at the transformation zone. This zone is where the two main types of cells in the cervix...
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- Radiation Therapy for Cancer
When it comes to cancer, the common treatments are chemotherapy and radiation therapy, which work by the use of X-rays, gamma rays, and charged particles. They are usually directed at the area where the cancer is growing. Radiation therapy is delivered through the use of machines and implants or by...
- How Is Bladder Cancer Diagnosed?
In case you have symptoms of bladder cancer such as the presence of blood in the urine, you should see your doctor immediately. Your doctor will use many tests to possibly diagnose a bladder cancer and will also find out how far it has spread. Sometimes, bladder cancer may have spread to other parts...
- Dr. William Thomas Sause M.D.8th Avenue And C St Salt Lake City UT 84143
- Dr. Robert Jeffrey Lee M.D.3838 S 700 E Salt Lake City UT 84106
- Dr. Ellen Ware Cooke MD2000 Circle Of Hope Dr Salt Lake City UT 84112
- Dr. Michael Edward Montejo M.D.1950 Circle of Hope Dr Salt Lake City UT 84112
- Dr. Shane Lloyd M.D.1950 Circle Of Hope Dr Salt Lake City UT 84112
- Dr. George M Cannon M.D.5121 S COTTONWOOD ST MURRAY UT 84107