Dr. William Lewis practices Orthodontics in Greenville, NC. Comprehensive orthodontic treatment includes metal wires that are inserted into orthodontic brackets, which can be made from stainless steel or a more aesthetic ceramic material. The wires interact with the brackets to move teeth into desired positions. Being advanced in the field, Dr. Lewis may also use Invisalign or other aligner trays that have been designed to align a patients? smile. As an orthodontist, Dr. Lewis must recognize various characteristics of a malocclusion or dentofacial deformity, define the nature of the problem, including the etiology if possible, and design a treatment strategy based on the specific needs and desires of the patient.
William Lee Lewis D.D.S.'s Practice location
William Lee Lewis D.D.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Want Pearly Whites? Try These Foods
Brushing and flossing the teeth regularly helps to maintain a healthy oral cavity. Food also plays a role in keeping the teeth white and bright. Acids present in the food may erode the tooth enamel causing it to erode leading to tooth decay. Certain foods like sugar free gum, sugar free drinks,...
- How Can I Reduce the Pain of Sensitive Teeth?
If you can’t enjoy a cup of hot coffee or a glass of cold juice without getting that stinging pain in your teeth, those are symptoms of sensitive teeth. Moreover, eating, brushing and flossing may also lead to the sharp pain. Sensitivity to the cold and heat may be caused by a number of reasons...
- What Are the Causes of Receding Gums?
As the margin of teeth recede, the roots of the teeth are exposed. Receding gums are a very common oral problem and are of concern as it may be the warning signs of many gum diseases. Gum deterioration occurs gradually with time and creates small pockets or gaps between the tooth and the gum, which...
- Severe Stress and Depression May Cause Gum Disease
According to a review published in the Journal of Periodontology, studies show a strong link between stress and gum disease. About 57% of the studies conducted displayed an accurate association between gum disease and stress-related symptoms, including distress, anxiety, depression, and...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- Dental Sealants May Present BPA in Saliva
Dental fillings for children were worrisome because of the presence of mercury in the amalgam. The latest addition to this fear is the chemical Bisphenol-A (BPA) in dental sealants and white fillings. BPA is a resin used in plastics, including water bottles and metal food can liners. Many studies...
- Dr. Dennis Paul Ross D.D.S.200 W Arlington Blvd Greenville NC 27834
- Dr. William B Cox DDS109 E Arlington Blvd Greenville NC 27858
- Stuart D. Josell DMD1851 MACGREGOR DOWNS RD GREENVILLE NC 27834
- Dr. Jasper Holt Chesson D.D.S.,M.SC.O.515 W 15th St Washington NC 27889
- Dr. Van Wallace Mccarlie M.A., D.M.D., PH.D.1851 Macgregor Downs Rd Greenville NC 27834
- Dr. Glenn Gibson Mccall DDS1909 Turnbury Dr Greenville NC 27858