Dr. Maya Desai practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Randolph, NJ. Dr. Desai evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Desai seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
Municipal Med Coll- Gujarat Univ- Ahmedabad- Gujarat- India 1970
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Elmhurst Hosp Ctr-Mt Sinai, Psychiatry
Dr. Maya Desai M.D.'s Practice location
Randolph, NJ 07869Get Direction
Dr. Maya Desai M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is usually classified as any one of a broad range of psychological disorders, but more specifically ones that demonstrate eating habits that are abnormal or absurd. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder. Anorexia refers...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- Dr. Nevine K. Fahmy M.D.250 Route 28 Bridgewater NJ 08807
- Dr. Richard Michael Di turi M.D.214 Main St Madison NJ 07940
- Dr. Akhtar Hossain MD110 Rehill Ave Somerville NJ 08876
- Dr. Farheen Fahim M.D.107 East Mt. Pleasant Avenue Livingston NJ 07039
- Dr. Shankar Srinivasan M.D.28 Hill Rd # A Parsippany NJ 07054
- Dr. Margaret Ellen Tompsett M.D.332 Springfield Avenue Summit NJ 07901