Dr. Stephen Joel Motew M.D.
Vascular Surgeon | Vascular Surgery2915 Lyndhurst Ave Winston Salem NC, 27103
Dr. Stephen Motew is a vascular surgeon practicing in Winston Salem, NC. Dr. Motew specializes in disorders relating to the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems. As a vascular surgeon, Dr. Motew diagnoses and treats vascular diseases and performs vasular surgeries. Common conditions that a vascular surgeon treats are aneurysms, atherosclerosis and varicose veins. Vascular specialists might also treat trauma, venous ulcers, poor leg circulation, peripheral arterial disease and other vascular-related issues.
Education and Training
Univ of Il Coll of Med, Chicago Il 1992
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Steroid hormone alterations following induction of chronic intraperitoneal sepsis in male rats.
- Evidence that adenosine contributes to maintenance of hepatosplanchnic blood flow during peritoneal sepsis in rats.
- Effect of aminoguanidine on plasma nitric oxide by-products and blood flow during chronic peritoneal sepsis.
- MemberNorth Carolina Medical Society
- Member Southern Association for Vascular Surgery
- Member American College of Surgeons
- Member Society for Vascular Surgery
- Wake Forest U Baptist Med Ctr, Vascular Surgery; Univ Il Coll Of Med, General Surgery
- University of Illinois Affiliated Hospitals 1999
- Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center 2001
- Wake Forest University, Vascular Surgery, NC, Forsyth 2001
Dr. Stephen Joel Motew M.D.'s Practice location
Winston Salem, NC 27103Get Direction
FALLS CHURCH, VA 22042Get Direction
Dr. Stephen Joel Motew M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Motew
- 5 Tips on Living with Varicose Veins
Varicose veins are bothersome and uncomfortable. Apart from being unattractive, varicose veins are associated with both physical and mental pain. High temperatures during the summer call for relaxed clothing, and varicose veins can prevent someone from living their life happily. Because age is one...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- What Specialists Treat Varicose Veins?
Veins that are twisted, engorged and noticeable are referred as varicose veins. They normally form in the legs, although they can also develop anywhere on the body. This condition is frequent. The signs and symptoms of varicose veins are not many. Mild, skin ulcers and blood clots can arise from...
- What Is Varicose Vein Stripping?
A vein is a blood vessel that carries blood through your body. Varicose veins are one among a spectrum of chronic vein problems. It is common and can be found in up to 20% of the adult population. The severity of the condition varies and while varicose veins are responsible for significant...
- Does Aneurysm Require Surgery?
An aneurysm is the formation of a bulge when the walls of the arteries weaken. It is an artificial condition that can remain undetected for years. If it ruptures, it could lead to many complications and, at times, even death. The following are a few figures concerning the deaths caused by different...
- Decubitus Ulcers or Pressure Ulcers: What Are They?
Decubitus ulcers or pressure ulcers, more commonly known as bedsores, are open wounds on your skin due to the prolonged pressure applied to the area. These ulcers occur mostly over the bony prominences such as the hips, tailbone, ankle, and heels. Bedsores are a frequent condition experienced by...
- Dr. Thomas Pranikoff MD505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Justin Hurie MD505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Matthew Abraham Corriere M.D.Medical Center Blvd Winston Salem NC 27157
- Dr. Joel Krishna Deonanan M.D.2915 Lyndhurst Ave Winston Salem NC 27103
- Dr. George Webb Plonk MD505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Robert B. Thomason M.D.2915 Lyndhurst Ave Winston Salem NC 27103