Dr. Carlos Acosta Oteyza M.D.
Physiatrist (Physical Medicine)6144 Gazebo Park Pl S Suite 211 Jacksonville FL, 32257
Dr. Carlos Oteyza is a physiatrist practicing in Jacksonville, FL. Dr. Oteyza is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Oteyza focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Oteyza can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
Dr. Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation Institute of Medicine - Far Eastern University 1973
Dr. Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation Institute of Medicine - Far Eastern University 1974
Far Eastern University Institute of Medicine 1973
- Chronic Pain
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Back Pain
- Herniated Disc
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Baylor Coll Of Med, Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation; Akron City Hosp, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology
- Baylor College of Medicine Program
Dr. Carlos Acosta Oteyza M.D.'s Practice location
Jacksonville, FL 32257Get Direction
Dr. Carlos Acosta Oteyza M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Oteyza
- What Happens During a Laminectomy?
What is a laminectomy?You may experience back pain that affects your day-to-day activities. Your doctor may recommend that you undergo a surgical procedure called laminectomy.Laminectomy is a surgical operation, in which the lamina is removed. This helps relieve pressure that is exerted on the nerve...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Misconceptions: Debunked
What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease, wherein the immune system mistakenly attacks the joints leading to stiffness, pain, and inflammation. Gradually, RA can lead to physical deformities. Rheumatoid arthritis is known to affect around 2 million Americans....
- What Specialists Treat Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is sometimes described as "bone thinning". It’s a disease wherein the bone’s density and quality are severely reduced. As an individual’s bones become more permeable and fragile, the susceptibility to fracture is immensely increased. Bone loss occurs silently and progressively....
- Tips on Living with Lower Back Pain
There are a variety of causes as to why you are experiencing lower back pain. Back pain may result from underlying health conditions such as connective tissue diseases, which include different types of arthritis, fibromyalgia syndrome, or sciatica (nerve root pain). Lower back pain can also be...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- Dr. Manuel Enrique Lopez diez M.D.280 Dundas Dr Jacksonville FL 32218
- Dr. John Arthur Muenz M.D.5757 Booth Rd Jacksonville FL 32207
- Dr. Howard Bruce Weiss D.O.3901 University Blvd S Jacksonville FL 32216
- Dr. Kenneth Ngo MD3599 University Blvd S Jacksonville FL 32216
- Dr. Shahriar A Nabizadeh MD3599 University Blvd S Jacksonville FL 32216
- Dr. Jawed Hussain M.D.4243 Sunbeam Rd Jacksonville FL 32257