Dr. Katherine Furtado is a speech language pathologist practicing in SAN DIEGO, CA. Dr. Furtado specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Furtado evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Furtado helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Katherine Furtado M.A., CCC-SLP's Practice location
SAN DIEGO, CA 92103Get Direction
Katherine Furtado M.A., CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Alicia Mcartor9540 TOWNE CENTRE DR SAN DIEGO CA 92121
- Ms. Susan Shinn SPEECH PATHOLOGIST10992 SAN DIEGO MISSION RD SAN DIEGO CA 92108
- Ms. Ann M. Morgan M.A.9185 OVIEDO ST SAN DIEGO CA 92129
- Miss Carolyn Lee Donahue7801 MISSION CENTER CT SAN DIEGO CA 92108
- Ana Maria Siblesz M.A. SLP6053 SEACREST VIEW RD SAN DIEGO CA 92121
- Mrs. Brianne Renee Hemmingson M.A., CCC-SLP9606 TIERRA GRANDE ST STE 107 SAN DIEGO CA 92126