Dr. George Mcilhaney is a family practitioner practicing in College Station, TX. Dr. Mcilhaney specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Mcilhaney possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Baylor College of Medicine 1970
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Prostate Cancer
- High Cholesterol
- Sleep Apnea
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Memory Loss
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
- Vascular Disease
- Family Practice Residency 1971
- Baylor College of Medicine Program
Dr. George R Mcilhaney MD's Practice location
College Station, TX 77840Get Direction
Dr. George R Mcilhaney MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How Can I Lower Cholesterol Levels?
How Can I Lower Cholesterol Levels?Lowering the levels of cholesterol goes a long way in reducing the risk of heart disease and aids in a longer, healthier life. But is it easy to lower the levels of ‘bad’ cholesterol (LDL cholesterol) in blood? Before we begin, please remember that cholesterol...
- Home Remedies for Swollen Tonsils
Why are my tonsils swollen?The human body is a marvelous creation--a true work of art. It has the infrastructure to keep itself safe from harmful bacteria and viruses, and it has the ability to heal itself. One of these infrastructures is the tonsils. These are lymph nodes located at the back of the...
- How to Get Rid of Athlete's Foot Fast
What is athlete’s foot?Athlete’s foot is a type of fungal infection that affects the feet or toes. This fungal infection is medically known as tinea pedis. The fungus that causes the infection usually feeds on keratin or the skin protein. Keratin is found in the skin's top layer, including...
- Pneumonia: Are There Multiple Types?
What is pneumonia?Pneumonia is an acute lung infection that causes inflammation of the air sacs in either one or both lungs. The air sacs get filled with fluid or pus, making it difficult for the affected person to properly breathe. Individuals who have contracted the infection usually cough and...
- What Is Cat Scratch Fever?
IntroductionCat scratch fever or cat scratch disease is a bacterial infection spread by cats. You can get the cat scratch fever from a scratch or bite of a cat that is infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae. Aside from the infected cat’s scratch, you can also acquire the infection...
- Hypolipidemia: Causes and Symptoms
The liver primarily produces cholesterol. Each day, it makes 1,000 mg of cholesterol. The cells lining the small intestine can also produce cholesterol. If the level of cholesterol in the body is low, it may mean that the body is producing low amounts of cholesterol and is going to shut down. In...
- Dr. Sybil Jane Taquet MD2410 BOONVILLE RD BRYAN TX 77808
- Dr. Mark W. English M.D.1600 University Dr E College Station TX 77840
- Dr. Clint Chi Cheng MD4007 VICTORIA AVE. COLLEGE STATION TX 77845
- Dr. Deepti A Govathoti MD1301 Memorial Dr Bryan TX 77802
- Dr. Duane Brieger M.D.1600 University Dr E College Station TX 77840
- Dr. Kristopher David Knoop M.D.1296 ARRINGTON RD STE 100 COLLEGE STATION TX 77845