Dr. Joseph Bloom is a psychiatrist practicing in Portland, OR. Dr. Bloom is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Bloom diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Bloom may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Bloom treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Yeshiva University 1962
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Forensic Psychiatry- 1979
- Physician reporting of impaired drivers: a new trend in state law?
- Thirty-five years of working with civil commitment statutes.
- The use of the insanity defense as a jail diversion mechanism for mentally ill persons charged with misdemeanors.
- Subspecialization in psychiatry: third-generation programs.
- Cultural considerations in the criminal law: the sentencing process.
- A comparison study of career satisfaction and emotional states between primary care and speciality residents.
- Civil commitment is disappearing in Oregon.
- Commentary: authorship and training in forensic psychiatry.
- Oregon's Juvenile Psychiatric Security Review Board.
- The evolution of the american law institute test for insanity in Oregon: focus on diagnosis.
- Telepsychiatry with rural American Indians: issues in civil commitments.
- The majority of inpatient psychiatric beds should not be appropriated by the forensic system.
- Forensic psychiatry and the forensic sciences: in memory of Peter J. Batten, MD.
- "The incarceration revolution": the abandonment of the seriously mentally ill to our jails and prisons.
- Forensic psychiatry, statutory law, and administrative rules.
- Mass Mntl Hlth Ctr, Psychiatry; Mount Zion M C Univ Ca, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Mass Mh Ctr
- Community Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Laboratory of Community Psychiatry 1968
- HARVARD MED SCH, BOSTON, MA 1968
Dr. Joseph David Bloom M.D.'s Practice location
Portland, OR 97239Get Direction
Dr. Joseph David Bloom M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- Adderall: Side Effects, High, Abuse, Withdrawal
What is Adderall?Adderall is the brand name of a prescription drug that contains a mixture of amphetamine salts, specifically 75% dextroamphetamine and 25% levoamphetamine salts. It belongs to the drug class called central nervous system (CNS) stimulants. It is also classified among...
- Meditate to Concentrate: The Science Behind Meditation
The science behind meditationPeople who meditate use their brain in such a way that it helps them avoid distraction and concentrate on the their task, says a new study. People who meditate regularly have less activity in that part of the brain associated with distractions and day dreaming....
- What Is Trichotillomania: Risk Factors and Treatment
IntroductionTrichotillomania is a type of mental disorder, which involves an irresistible and recurrent urge to pull out one's hair from the scalp and other parts of the body with hair, in spite of having the desire to stop. Due to hair pulling, the scalp tends to have patchy bald spots, which can...
- How to Cope with Your Depression
After being diagnosed with depression, it is important to learn how to cope with it and not fall into despair, as this could lead to severe consequences. Take the prescribed medicationAntidepressants may be prescribed to help improve your mood and enable you to return to your regular activities....
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- Dr. John M. Deeney MD330 SE Spokane St. Portland OR 97202
- Dr. George Frederick Drinka M.D.2250 Northwest Flanders Portland Oregon 97210
- Lewis A. Van Osdel11602 Southwest Breyman Avenue Portland Oregon 97219
- Dr. Robert Harlan Bridenbaugh M.D.9111 Ne Sunderland Rd Portland OR 97211
- Dr. Joel Julian MD9155 SW BARNES RD PORTLAND OR 97225
- Dr. Shirley Roffe M.D.1015 NW 22ND AVE PORTLAND OR 97210