Dr. Erik Kulstad practices Emergency Medicine in Chicago, IL. Dr. Kulstad assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Kulstad examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
- West Nile encephalitis presenting as a stroke.
- Elevations of B-type natriuretic peptide in pulmonary embolism: a case series.
- Diagnosis of appendicitis with ultrasound: case example.
- Epididymal abscess.
- Another resident perspective: resident education and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Re: Evaluation of a rapid bedside toxicology screen in patients suspected of drug toxicity.
- Correlation between impedance cardiography and B-type natriuretic peptide levels in dyspneic patients.
- A prospective observational study of the effect of etomidate on septic patient mortality and length of stay.
- The effect of alpha-blockade in emergency department patients with ureterolithiasis.
- The effect of single-bolus etomidate on septic patient mortality: a retrospective review.
- Measures of stress and learning seem to be equally affected among all roles in a simulation scenario.
- Emergency physicians report infrequent use of alpha-blockade for the treatment of ureteral stones.
- A comparison of the effects of etomidate and midazolam on hospital length of stay in patients with suspected sepsis: a prospective, randomized study.
- ED crowding is associated with an increased time to pneumonia treatment.
- Therapeutic hypothermia induction via an esophageal route--a computer simulation.
- Advocate Christ Med Ctr, Emergency Medicine
Dr. Erik B Kulstad M.D.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60608Get Direction
Dr. Erik B Kulstad M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a GI Cocktail?
Introduction A GI cocktail or gastrointestinal cocktail is a mixture of liquid antacid, viscous lidocaine, and an anticholinergic agent. A GI cocktail is primarily used to treat dyspepsia.There are a wide variety of GI cocktail recipes nowadays. One popular recipe is a mixture of viscous lidocaine,...
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- What Could Uncontrollable Shivering Mean?
Uncontrollable shivering is characterized by the rapid shifting between muscle relaxation and contraction. It is through these contractions that the body warms itself up when exposed to cold. Shivering is not always accompanied by fever. In some cases, shivering may occur before the onset of...
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- What Is Reye's Syndrome: Causes and Treatments
What is Reye’s syndrome?Reye's syndrome is a rare but serious condition that can cause swelling of the liver and brain. Even though this condition can occur at any age, it is mostly reported to affect children and teenagers, especially those who are trying to recover from viral infections, such as...
- What Is a CPK Lab Test?
What is creatine phosphokinase (CPK)?Creatine phosphokinase (CPK) is an enzyme, which is predominantly present in the heart, brain, and skeletal muscles. Converting creatine into phosphate is the main task of this enzyme. The cells of the body then quickly consume or burn this phosphate and use it...
- Dr. Nancy Qusba M.D.1254 Ogden Ave Downers Grove IL 60515
- Sudip Bose474 Northlake Shore Drive Chicago Illinois 60611
- Armando Marquez Jr. Other3225 Wenonah Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402
- Dr. David I. Rosen M.D.1535 Lake Cook Rd Northbrook IL 60062
- Dr. Chowdary Adusumilli M.D.1044 N Francisco Ave Chicago IL 60622
- Dr. Michael Thomas Paddock D.O.1900 W Polk St Chicago IL 60612