Dr. Isidro Salusky is a pediatric nephrologist practicing in Los Angeles, CA. Dr. Salusky specializes in caring for children with chronic conditions such as hypertension, kidney disease, and chronic dialysis. Pediatric nephrologists have extensive knowledge on the dialysis and transplant processes, while simultaneously developing lasting relationships with the families of their young patients.
Education and Training
Univ De Buenos Aires- Fac De Med- Buenos Aires- Argentina 1971
Universidad De Buenos Aires, Facultad De Ciencias Medicas 1971
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD- 1991
- Prevention of renal osteodystrophy in predialysis patients.
- Growth retardation in children with chronic renal failure.
- [Children with chronic renal failure: evaluation of the nutritional status and management].
- A novel immunoradiometric assay detects full-length human PTH but not amino-terminally truncated fragments: implications for PTH measurements in renal failure.
- Altered diurnal regulation of blood ionized calcium and serum parathyroid hormone concentrations during parenteral nutrition.
- Vitamin D receptor as a candidate tumor-suppressor gene in severe hyperparathyroidism of uremia.
- Impaired growth, delayed ossification, and reduced osteoclastic activity in the growth plate of calcium-supplemented rats with renal failure.
- Coronary-artery calcification in young adults with end-stage renal disease who are undergoing dialysis.
- Managing phosphate retention: is a change necessary?
- Non-invasive assessments of cardiovascular disease in patients with renal
- Adynamic renal osteodystrophy: is there a problem?
- PTH assays in renal failure.
- Clinical research and training: an overview.
- Clonal chromosomal defects in the molecular pathogenesis of refractory
- Growth hormone and the skeleton in pediatric renal allograft recipients.
- 2010-2012 Southern California Super Doctors
- Bone Biopsy
- Ucla Med Ctr, Nephrology
- Pediatrics, Pedro De Elizalde Hospital 1973
- Pediatric Nephrology, UCLA School of Medicine 1981
- Nutrition and Metabolism in Renal Disease, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System 1979
- Pediatric Nephrology, Hopital Necker-Enfants Malades 1976
Dr. Isidro Benjamin Salusky M.D.'s Practice location
Los Angeles, CA 90095Get Direction
Dr. Isidro Benjamin Salusky M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Nurse Scientists and Nurse Engineers Pioneering New Territory in Patient Care
In the field of healthcare, nurses provide a unique perspective on policy-making and the best practices since they come in contact with patients most often. However, that is just the beginning.Nurses are also trailblazers in the areas of research and innovation. They bring with them the wisdom that...
- How MRIs Can Be Used to Diagnose Autism
Though we have made progress in recognizing what does not cause autism, little is currently known about what does cause most cases of autism. It is known that there is no single cause of the condition. In general, it is accepted that autism is related to structural differences in the brain, though...
- Wilms Tumor Facts
Wilms TumorWilms tumor, also called as nephroblastoma, is a type of cancerous tumor in the kidneys. The name of the disease comes from a German doctor named Max Wilms, who wrote about it in 1899. Children ages 3-4 years old are more likely to develop Wilms tumor.Wilms tumor accounts for around 9 out...
- What Is Renal Ultrasound Used For?
A renal ultrasound is actually a diagnostic procedure, wherein high-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. The echoes recorded into videos or images of the internal structures of the body.A wide range of diseases and conditions can be...
- What Could Lead to Nephrotic Syndrome?
IntroductionNephrotic syndrome refers to a group of symptoms that occur when there is something wrong with your kidneys. It can affect people of all ages and is often treatable. Kidney damage may be suspected if an individual shows any of the following symptoms:...
- Nephrotic Syndrome in Children: What You Need to Know
Nephrotic Syndrome in ChildrenNephrotic syndrome in children is not a disease, but rather a group of symptoms that usually indicate kidney damage (particularly glomeruli damage) and proteinuria (high levels of protein in the urine). When there is kidney damage, a protein called albumin, which is...
- Dr. Dechu Ponnappa Puliyanda M.D.8635 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90048
- Dr. Ora Yadin M.D.10833 Le Conte Avenue Los Angeles CA 90095
- Dr. Eileen Tsai Chambers M.D.10833 Le Conte Ave Los Angeles CA 90095
- Dr. Susanne Sager M.D.7345 MEDICAL CENTER DR. SUITE # 500 WEST HILLS CA 91307
- Dr. Rachel Meredith Lestz M.D.4650 W Sunset Blvd Los Angeles CA 90027
- Dr. Carl Mayer Grushkin M.D.4650 Sunset Blvd. Los Angeles CA 90027