Dr. Alexander Kleider practices Neurological Surgery in Redwood City, CA. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Kleider prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
The University of Western Ontario - Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry 1968
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
Dr. Alexander Kleider MD's Practice location
Redwood City, CA 94063Get Direction
Dr. Alexander Kleider MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need to Know About a Laminectomy
What Is a Laminectomy?The lamina is the back part of your vertebra covering the spinal canal. Your doctor could decide to eliminate your lamina or the bone spurs around it when either causes compression of your spinal cord or the roots of your nerves. Pressure on the roots of your nerves can cause:...
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- What to Expect in Laminectomy and Spinal Fusion
Decompressive laminectomy is done to release pressure exerted on the roots of the nerves found on the lower back. The condition is mostly brought by old age. There are, however, other reasons your surgeon may suggest surgery. These include herniated discs, traumas, and tumors. In case you are going...
- What Is a Prefrontal Lobotomy?
Lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure invented in 1935 by a Portuguese neurologist named Moniz. Moniz won the Nobel Prize in 1949 for his achievement. It was believed that lobotomy was successful in the treatment of various psychological diseases like depression, bipolar disorders, mania,...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- Patrick Pezeshkian1150 Veterans Blvd Redwood City California 94063
- Dr. Ronnie I. Mimran MD20055 LAKE CHABOT RD CASTRO VALLEY CA 94546
- Dr. Stanley A. Shatsky MD123 Di Salvo Avenue San Jose California 95128
- Dr. Justin Santarelli M.D.300 Pasteur Dr Stanford CA 94305
- Dr. Jeffrey Blaine Randall MD20055 Lake Chabot Rd Castro Valley CA 94546
- Mr. Ronald S Greenwald M.D.2500 Hospital Dr Mountain View CA 94040