Dr. Leslie Austin is a psychologist practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Austin specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Austin evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Austin because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Leslie E. Austin PH.D.'s Practice location
New York, NY 10003Get Direction
Dr. Leslie E. Austin PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Autism and 'The Good Doctor': Is it Accurate?
ABC's new hit show has taken television by storm with its dynamic character of Shaun Murphy, who is an autistic surgeon. However, many wonder: Does the show paint an accurate picture?Only one viewWhile it is great that there are more shows than ever before that have characters on the autism spectrum...
- Mothers With Depression can Affect Their Children's Sleeping Patterns
A study published in the journal, Child Development, suggests that mothers who show signs of depression, or mothers who are depressed, are more likely to disrupt sleeping routine of their baby. In this study, researchers monitored mothers throughout the night, while they tended to their children....
- New Research Shows Many Adults with Autism Are Unemployed
Many families with young adults on the spectrum describe the transition from adolescence to young adulthood as being a lot like learning to fly. Transition into adulthood is a critical period of development and milestones. A healthy transition can set the state for positive outcomes and advantages...
- Is Binge Eating Disorder Hereditary?
Family members and patients of binge eating disorder understand that they have been multiple studies on genetic factors that contribute to eating disorders. Qualified, thorough studies on genetic and environmental risk factors can enlighten family members and patients. Misinterpretations, however,...
- What Is Munchausen Syndrome?
IntroductionThe Munchausen syndrome is regarded as a factitious disorder. It is a type of mental disorder, wherein people pretend to have certain physical or psychological symptoms in them. People who are between the ages 20-40 years old are more prone to developing the disorder. Men who have few...
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), also known as chronic anxiety neurosis, is a condition characterized by excessive anxiety and worry about common occurrences and everyday life events. It’s quite normal to feel anxious when there is a reason to worry, such as financial instability. However, a...
- Dr. Sonja M. Ramirez PH.D.Mobile office New York and Northeastern NJ 07110
- Dr. Dominick John Riccio PSYCHOLOGIST1036 Park Ave New York NY 10028
- Dr. Mary F. Macedonio PSYCHOLOGIST15038 Union Tpke Flushing NY 11367
- Dr. Aviva Druks PHD134 Middle Neck Rd Great Neck NY 11021
- Vanessa Porto Caskey412 6th Avenue New York New York 10011
- Dr. Irina Volynsky PHD440 West Street Fort Lee New Jersey 07024