Dr. Vinod Thourani is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Marietta, GA. Dr. Thourani specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Thourani typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
- Nitric oxide and the vascular endothelium in myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury.
- Peroxynitrite, the breakdown product of nitric oxide, is beneficial in blood cardioplegia but injurious in crystalloid cardioplegia.
- Myocardial protection: an overview.
- Active perfusion of coronary grafts facilitates complex off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery.
- Carotid body tumors.
- Image of the month. Hepatic artery aneurysm.
- Adenosine in myocardial protection in on-pump and off-pump cardiac surgery.
- Preoperative risk assessment for marginal patients requiring pulmonary resection.
- Physicians assistants in cardiothoracic surgery: a 30-year experience in a university center.
- Does the number of grafts influence surgeon choice and patient benefit of off-pump over conventional on-pump coronary artery revascularization in multivessel coronary artery disease?
- Modified Nissen fundoplication combined with Ivor Lewis esophagogastrectomy.
- Impact of preoperative neurologic events on outcomes after coronary artery bypass grafting.
- Elevated preoperative hemoglobin A1c level is predictive of adverse events after coronary artery bypass surgery.
- Elevated preoperative hemoglobin A1c level is associated with reduced long-term survival after coronary artery bypass surgery.
- Mitral valve hemodynamics after repair of acute posterior leaflet prolapse: quadrangular resection versus triangular resection versus neochordoplasty.
- Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Thoracic Surgery; Emory Univ Sch Of Med, General Surgery
Dr. Vinod H Thourani M.D.'s Practice location
Marietta, GA 30060Get Direction
Dr. Vinod H Thourani M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Atypical Forms of Myocardial Infarction
Atypical myocardial infarction often occurs in older patients with a pronounced cardiosclerosis, circulatory failure, and often with people who have a history of heart attacks.The symptoms may confuse you, or make you think that they are not associated with the heart.Usually, atypical manifestations...
- Congestive Heart Failure: What is Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)?
Congestive Heart Failure is the leading cause of emergency hospitalization among people aged over sixty. It is a condition where the heart is inefficient in pumping the required amount of blood to the other parts of the body. This inefficiency can sometimes be so severe that it can impair the...
- Treatment for Congestive Heart Failure
The following methods work together to treat heart failure:...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Joseph Irvin Miller MD95 Collier Road Atlanta GA 30309
- Dr. Kenneth L Franco MD69 Jesse Hill Jr Dr Se Atlanta GA 30303
- Dr. Kendra J. Grubb M.D.201 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville Kentucky 40202
- Dr. Daniel L Miller M.D.1365 Clifton Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30322
- Dr. Ward Vaughn Houck M.D.61 Whitcher St Ne Marietta GA 30060
- Dr. Sudhir Prem Srivastava M.D.5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30342