Dr. Renuka N Prasad M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry212 S Main St Suite 3 Danville VA, 24541
Dr. Renuka Prasad is a psychiatrist practicing in Danville, VA. Dr. Prasad is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Prasad diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Prasad may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Prasad treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Bangalore Med Coll, Bangalore Univ, Bangalore, Karnataka, India 1969
Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute 1969
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- U Ma Mem Hlthcare-Univ Campus, Psychiatry; Worcester State Hosp, Psychiatry; Univ Of Ct Sch Of Med, Psychiatry
- University of Connecticut Program A
Dr. Renuka N Prasad M.D.'s Practice location
Danville, VA 24541Get Direction
Dr. Renuka N Prasad M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Prasad
- Is Schizophrenia a Mental Illness?
It is a formidable task to define schizophrenia unless we accept an unsatisfactory definition that consists of a list of the most common characteristics of the disorder.Some psychiatrists consider schizophrenia as an illness, others a syndrome, a mental mechanism, or even a way of living. There is...
- What Is Male Borderline Personality Disorder?
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is defined as a mental disorder that generally affects the way individuals think and feel about themselves and other people. People with this personality disorder often have unstable personal relationships due to their extreme emotions, impulsiveness, and...
- Clinical Depression: How it Affects Men and Women
Clinical depression is associated with social, occupational, and physical impairments. People commonly perceive that depression is a trivial condition that is not entirely genuine. However, depression is a real illness with real and debilitating symptoms, and should not be perceived as anything...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- What Is Akathisia and How to Treat It?
What is akathisia?Akathisia is a medical condition that causes an individual to feel restless along with a constant urge to move. The term akathisia is derived from the Greek word akathemi, which would mean "to never sit down".Akathisia occurs as a side effect of first-generation or older...
- What Is the Difference Between Depression and Anxiety?
Understanding the difference between depression and anxiety is not an easy task, as mental health conditions are far more complicated. The most common mental illnesses are depression, anxiety, and substance use disorder. It is common for these three types of mental illnesses to occur in combination....
- Wales Thottathikunnath george M.D142 S Main St Danville VA 24541
- Dr. Mohd Aleem Khan M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. John Andrew Gergen MD245 Hairston St Danville VA 24540
- Dr. April L. Fields M.D.1076 Nc Highway 86 N Yanceyville NC 27379
- Dr. Mikhail O. Chizhikov M.D.291 Park Ave Danville VA 24541
- Dr. William Thomas Trost M.D.159 Deer Run Rd Danville VA 24540