Dr. Alan L. Epstein M.D.
Rheumatologist | Rheumatology822 Pine St Suite 3a Philadelphia PA, 19107
Dr. Alan Epstein is a rheumatologist practicing in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Epstein specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Epstein treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
Education and Training
Tufts Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1979
Tufts University School of Medicine 1979
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Rheumatology
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Montefiore M C-H&l Moses Div, Internal Medicine
- Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Montefiore) Program
Dr. Alan L. Epstein M.D.'s Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19107Get Direction
Dr. Alan L. Epstein M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Epstein
- Analgesic Drugs for Fibromyalgia
IntroductionThe main symptoms of fibromyalgia usually include muscle pain, stiffness in the morning after waking up, and painful tender points in various parts of the body. Other symptoms would include anxiety, depression, headaches, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), painful menstrual cramps, tingling...
- Immunosuppressive Drugs for Rheumatoid Arthritis
What is Rheumatoid Arthritis?A chronic inflammatory disorder that happens to affect more than just the joints is known as Rheumatoid Arthritis. In a few cases for certain individuals, this medical condition can lead to damage in a wider sense, because it would affect the other body systems, which...
- The Different Lupus Rash Treatments and How to Prevent Flare-ups
One of the many symptoms people with lupus face is the rashes on their faces and skin. While there are individuals with lupus who don't have any rashes or marks on their skin, a butterfly rash on the face and red lesions on the head and body are common symptoms. These rashes may feel uncomfortable...
- What Employers Can do to Help Workers with Lupus
Any hiring manager of a company wants to build the ideal team to meet the goals and mission of the organization. So what if a potential employee mentions during an interview that he or she has a chronic illness? At the same time, what if this person has just the right skillset to get the job...
- Everything You Need To Know About Fibromyalgia: Get the Facts
Pain is a very personalized sensation - it can be experienced and described in many ways. However, it universally exists in all humans as a warning mechanism and trigger to avoid further injury. Unfortunately, pain is a daily occurrence for those with fibromyalgia.What is Fibromyalgia?Fibromyalgia...
- What Is Raynaud’s Disease: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Raynaud’s disease?Raynaud’s disease, also known as Raynaud’s syndrome or Raynaud’s phenomenon, is a rare blood vessel disorder described by a French physician named Maurice Raynaud in 1862. In this condition, the blood vessels that carry blood from the heart to other parts of the...
- Dr. Vijay Singh MD245 N 15th St Philadelphia PA 19102
- Dr. Thomas Peter Harder M.D.100 E Lancaster Ave Wynnewood PA 19096
- Dr. Nora Sandorfi MD211 S 9th St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Savita Singh M.D.9892 Bustleton Ave Philadelphia PA 19115
- Dr. Oscar Horacio Irigoyen MD1015 Walnut St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Hala M Eid MD900 Centennial Blvd Voorhees NJ 08043