Dr. Peter Hollimon is a general surgeon practicing in San Antonio, TX. Dr. Hollimon specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Hollimon provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio, San Antonio Tx 1976
The University of Texas School of Medicine at San Antonio 1976
- Breast Cancer
- Ventral Hernia
- Inguinal Hernia
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Univ Hosp-S Tx Med Ctr, General Surgery
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio 1981
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Regional Centers (South Central) Program
Dr. Peter Wilson Hollimon M.D. PA's Practice location
San Antonio, TX 78217Get Direction
Dr. Peter Wilson Hollimon M.D. PA's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hollimon
- What is a Sphincterotomy?
A fissure is the tearing of anal skin as a result of the overstretching of the anal opening by a big hard stool. Normally, sphincterotomy is related to constipation, chronic diarrhea (less often), inflammatory bowel disease or sexually transmitted infections that have anal and rectal effects. At...
- Which Specialist Performs a Hysterectomy?
In the U.S., hysterectomies are second only to cesarean deliveries among the most widely-adopted surgical practices, and the number of women opting to go under the knife exceeds half a million annually. Your choice of specialist for the surgery depends entirely on the nature and seriousness of the...
- What Is Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is marked by a bulge in the groin or abdomen, which occurs when an organ protrudes through the muscle opening that keeps it in place. Hernias are a very common problem and can occur in men or women of all ages.For instance, in the case of an incisional hernia, the intestines may protrude...
- Scapula and Winged Scapula: Anatomy, Function, Injuries, and Defects
Anatomy of the ScapulaThe scapula is a triangular flat bone, which is also known as the shoulder blade. It lies in the upper back between the second and eighth rib. It connects the upper limb to the trunk and articulates with the humerus or upper arm bone. The articulation takes place at the...
- What to Expect After Gallbladder Surgery
The Gallbladder is a small, pear-shaped organ that is located below the liver. It is found on the right side of the abdomen. Its primary function is to take and store the fluid that is released from the liver to help in digestion (bile). The surgical procedure that is used to extract a damaged...
- Everything You Need to Know About Gallbladder Surgery
Open gallbladder removal, also known as open cholecystectomy, is a surgical operation removing the gallbladder. The objective of the procedure is to offer permanent relief from gallbladder-related problems such as gallstones. During the surgery, a large incision is made in the abdomen and used to...
- Dr. Peter Learn MD2200 Bergquist Dr Lackland TX 78236
- Dr. Moises Mateo Soulas M.D.343 W Houston St San Antonio TX 78205
- Mr. Oscar Ochoa MD9635 HUEBNER ROAD SAN ANTONIO TX 78240
- Dr. Alfred Palmer Bowles MD5711 University Hts San Antonio TX 78249
- Dr. Sabas Fatule Abuabara M.D.730 N Main San Antonio TX 78205
- Dr. Jorge L Rincon MD1162 E SONTERRA BLVD STE 210 SAN ANTONIO TX 78258