Dr. Lisandra Perez-colon practices Pulmonology in Ponce, PR. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Perez-colon manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Ponce School of Medicine and Health Sciences 1997
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Dr. Lisandra Perez-colon M.D.'s Practice location
Ponce, PR 00717Get Direction
PONCE, PR 00717Get Direction
Dr. Lisandra Perez-colon M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- All About Atypical Pneumonia: Its Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Atypical Pneumonia: What is it?Atypical pneumonia is an infection of the lungs caused by organisms other than the ones that usually cause pneumonia. The organisms responsible for atypical pneumonia include Legionella pneumophila, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, and Chlamydia Pneumoniae. Atypical pneumonia is...
- Pneumonia: The Signs and Symptoms
You may be a patient concerned about the symptoms of pneumonia or you may have a friend or relative with symptoms suggestive of pneumonia. There are no universal symptoms that apply to every individual. The symptoms will vary from person to person and depend on the specific situation of each and...
- What Causes Asthma?
Asthma is a kind of disease that is characterized by affecting the airways/outlets that carry air to and from the lungs. People who suffer from this chronic condition (long-lasting or recurrent) are said to be asthmatic. This disease comes like a bolt from the blue - a three-pronged attack on the...
- What Pathogens Can Cause Pneumonia?
What are pathogens?Viruses, bacteria, fungus, or, in some rare cases, parasites and other microorganisms are involved in the development of pneumonia. Viruses cause the majority of pneumonia in young children. Adults who have weaker immunity are more frequently infected with bacteria.Pathogens, in...
- How Long Does Acute Bronchitis Last? How to Treat and Prevent
Bronchial tubes, which are an important part of the respiratory system, perform an important function of exchanging air to and from the lungs. However, sometimes due to various triggers, these bronchial tubes can get inflamed causing a mucus build-up. The symptoms like coughing and dyspnea that are...
- Groundbreaking Triple-Therapy Could Be on the Horizon for Cystic Fibrosis
Researchers work around the clock and the world to find new discoveries in terms of cystic fibrosis treatment. Thanks to foundations, donations, and ongoing research, cystic fibrosis has made leaps and bounds as far as treatment is concerned. There is one pharmaceutical company at the forefront of...
- Dr. Agustin Fernandez cabrero MDAna D Peis Marshand St Lote 2 Bypass Ponce PR 00731
- Dr. Eugenio Rivera rios MD2431 Avenida Las Americas Ponce PR 00716
- Dr. Orlando L Vazquez torres MDAve Las Americas 2431 Edificio Porrata Pila Ponce PR 00731
- Dr. Sandra Enid Galarza-vargas M.DAve Tito Castro 336810 Ponce PR 00733
- Dr. Hector R Rosado-toledo MD, FACP, FCCP2225 PONCE BYP PONCE PR 00717
- Dr. Luis Alexis Garcia barreto M.D.450 Calle Ferrocarril Ponce PR 00717