Dr. Robert Shapiro is a pediatrician practicing in Smithtown, NY. Dr. Shapiro is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Shapiro diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Shapiro can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Univ Van Amsterdam- Fac Der Geneeskunde- Amsterdam- Netherlands 1970
- Maimonides Med Ctr, Pediatrics; Brookdale Univ Hosp Med Ctr, Pediatrics; Brookdale Univ Hosp Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Robert T Shapiro MD's Practice location
Dr. Robert T Shapiro MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Nursemaid's Elbow Treatments
What is a nursemaid's elbow?A nursemaid's elbow is a common elbow injury among toddlers and preschoolers. This painful injury happens when a ligament slips out of its normal place in the joint. Sometimes, it resolves on its own. However, most of the time, healthcare providers help return the...
- Cold Sores in Babies
As we all know, newborn babies do not develop strong immune systems immediately. Their bodies are still in the midst of the human development process and are adapting to the changes they face in the outside world. Thus, cold sores in newborn babies with weak immune systems can be extremely...
- Does the Pertussis Vaccine Have Any Contraindications and Side Effects?
Pertussis is an infection of the upper respiratory system. The disease is highly contagious and spreads through the coughing and sneezing of an infected individual. This highly contagious and airborne disease is caused by the bacteria called Bordetella pertussis. The symptoms of pertussis typically...
- Medical Conditions That Are Associated with Lethargy
What are The Symptoms of Lethargy?Lethargy symptoms include:• Sluggishness• Being moody• Decreased level of alertness• Low energy levels• Fatigue and lack of motivation• Depression• Weight loss• Sweating and diarrheaMedical conditions such as premenstrual syndrome and medicinal side...
- Century-Old Drug Could Be a New Approach to Autism Treatment
What is suramin?Suramin is a drug that was developed about 100 years ago to treat parasite-borne illnesses such as African sleeping sickness and river blindness. The drug has been around since then, and is actually relatively cheap to manufacture and distribute. A single one-month dose to treat one...
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- Dr. Richard C Ancona MD300 East Main Street Smithtown New York 11787
- Dr. Ramon E. Ferrand MD55 2ND AVE BRENTWOOD NY 11717
- Dr. Michael P. Miller M.D.75 N COUNTRY RD PORT JEFFERSON NY 11777
- Dr. Mitchell Kleinberg M.D.270 Union Avenue Holbrook New York 11741
- Dr. Magdalena Oleszak MD815 Hallock Avenue Port Jefferson Station New York 11776
- Dr. Patricia Bigini-Quinn MD5 MEDICAL DRIVE PORT JEFFERSON STATION NY 11776