Dr. Stephen Nielsen is a pathologist practicing in Omaha, NE. Dr. Nielsen is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Nielsen can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Nielsen may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Univ of Ne Coll of Med, Omaha Ne 1969
University of Nebraska College of Medicine 1969
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- Dermatopathology
- Polymyositis associated with Klinefelter's syndrome.
- Disulfide bridge engineering in the tachykinin NK1 receptor.
- Electroconvulsive stimuli enhance both neuropeptide Y receptor Y1 and Y2 messenger RNA expression and levels of binding in the rat hippocampus.
- Epilepsy among children in Greenland.
- Etiology of common childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia: the adrenal hypothesis.
- Clinical features and outcome in a Danish cohort of juvenile dermatomyositis patients.
- Association between alcohol, cannabis, and other illicit substance abuse and risk of developing schizophrenia: a nationwide population based register study.
- Association of the M blood group system with bovine mastitis.
- [Mineral fiber content in the indoor atmosphere of a day institution. Determination of the 24-hour variation].
- Primary colonic plasmacytoma.
- [The influence of fluctuating vacuum on the udder health, the yield, milking rate and acidity of the milk fat (author's transl)].
- Idiopathic renal vein varicosities. Presentation of two cases and a brief review of the literature.
- Gastric retention caused by gallstones (Bouveret's syndrome).
- Conversion of antagonist-binding site to metal-ion site in the tachykinin NK-1 receptor.
- Mediastinal staging of lung cancer. Is mediastinoscopy still essential?
- Methodist Hosp, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; Univ Of Ne Coll Of Med, Internal Medicine
Dr. Stephen M Nielsen M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Stephen M Nielsen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- Mononucleosis: Am I Contagious Throughout the Duration of My Condition?
Mononucleosis is a disease that is spread through the Epstein-Barr virus. Specific details about the virus is still unknown. This virus is known to exhibit fatigue in people, accompanied by an aching body, swollen lymph nodes, and fever. This disease is known to be spread through saliva and other...
- Holistic Treatment for Cholera
Holistic Treatment for CholeraCholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. This is a bacterium that is capable of surviving for an extremely long time, even in unpleasant environments. As a result of this factor, the bacteria can spread cholera very fast.Cholera...
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- Dr. Jonathan W Rouse MD4955 F Street Omaha NE 68106
- Dr. Patricia A Aoun MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Nicholas Edward Dietz M.D.601 N 30th St Omaha NE 68131
- Dr. Michael Butler Petzar MD7500 MERCY RD OMAHA NE 68124
- Dr. Zenggang Pan M.D., PH.D.601 N 30th St Omaha NE 68131
- Erin M. Linde8502 South 143rd Avenue Omaha Nebraska 68138