Dr. Franco Recchia is an ophthalmologist practicing in Nashville, TN. Dr. Recchia specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Recchia can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Recchia can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Vitreoretinal Surgery
- MemberAmerican Society of Retina Specialists
- Fellow American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Wills Eye Hosp, Ophthalmology
- Wills Eye Hospital
- Wills Eye Institute 1997
- Univ Pennsylvania, Ophthalmic Research 2000
- Beaumont Health System, Retina/Vitreous Surgery 2001
Dr. Franco Recchia MD's Practice location
Nashville, TN 37232Get Direction
NASHVILLE, TN 37203Get Direction
Dr. Franco Recchia MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Recchia
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- Reasons Why You Would Need a Cataract Surgery
Unfortunately, no particular drug or types of eye drops have been found to specifically reverse or prevent the formation of cataracts. There are eyeglasses that can be recommended by your doctor if you develop nearsightedness or blurred vision as a result of cataract formation. A surgical procedure...
- What are the Pros and Cons of Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery, short form for laser in situ keratomileusis, is the most exercised surgical option for correcting eye vision discrepancies in America. Its immense popularity has a lot to do with the significant vision improvement it brings about completely dispensing eyeglasses or contact lenses....
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Symptoms and Treatment Options for Blepharitis?
Blepharitis refers to the inflammation of the eyelid resulting in red and itchy eyes. This is a very common eye condition and can affect people of all age groups. It is not a very serious condition and will not affect one's vision in the future. Yet, blepharitis can be very uncomfortable and...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Glaucoma?
Glaucoma is a group of conditions that leads to the impairment of the optic nerve that carries information from the eyes to the brain. It is a progressive condition, which, if not treated, may lead to complete loss of vision. The most common cause of this damage is the increase in the pressure...
- Everton L. Arrindell345 23rd Avenue Nashville Tennessee 37203
- Dr. Jennifer Luiz Lindsey M.D.1310 24th Ave S Nashville TN 37212
- Meghan S. Flemmons821 Pipers Lane Brentwood Tennessee 37207
- Mr. John Benjamin Bond M.D.2201 Murphy Ave Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. William Gene Gates MD5410 Old Hickory Rd Hermitage TN 37076
- Dr. Bernard H Chang M.D.2400 Patterson St Nashville TN 37203