Dr. Maria Cruz is a Dentist practicing in SAN JUAN, PR. Dr. Cruz specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others.
Dr. Maria Elena Cruz D.D.S.'s Practice location
SAN JUAN, PR 00907Get Direction
Dr. Maria Elena Cruz D.D.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Gummy Bears That Contain Xylitol Can Reduce Cavities
A new study has shown that gummy bears made of xylitol, a sugar substitute, can prevent cavities in children. In this study, 154 students from first to fifth grade of an elementary school in Washington were recruited. The students were given four gummy bears made with xylitol or malitol three times...
- Frequent Smoking and Lack of Sleep Can Lead to Gum Disease
Studies show that smoking and lack of sleep are two factors that affect the progression of gum disease. “The study shows that other than brushing and flossing, there are lifestyle factors that may affect the dental health of a person”, says Preston D. Miller Jr., DDS, president of the American...
- Osteoporosis and Oral Health
What is Osteoporosis?Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones all over the body. It is a medical condition characterized by a weakness of the bones, due to different factors, leading to fractures of the bones due to minor trauma or no trauma at all. Major causes of osteoporosis are age,...
- Dealing with Lupus Mouth Sores
What is lupus? Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disorder. If you have an autoimmune disorder, your immune system mistakenly attacks the healthy cells in your body, which causes inflammation. Symptoms include extreme fatigue, hair loss, skin rashes, cognitive dysfunction, severe muscle and joint pain,...
- What Do Bumps on the Roof of Your Mouth Mean?
IntroductionThe presence of bumps and lumps in the mouth is not something uncommon. You may have experienced them in the past, particularly on your lips, back of the throat, or tongue. There are various things that can cause the formation of bumps on the roof of your mouth, but most of them are...
- Invasive Dental Treatments May Increase the Risk of Heart Disease
Invasive dental treatments, like tooth extractions, may increase the risk of heart disease or stroke, according to a new study published in, Annals of Internal Medicine. The results show the risk as a short-term one, which can return back to normal after six months.Earlier studies have shown a link...
- Melisa Polhamus lopez DMDConcilio de Salud Integral de Loiza Loiza PR 00772
- Dr. Margarita Merediz DMDAngel L. Ortiz A11 Esq. Corchado Caguas PR 00725
- Dr. Kenneth J Rosario DMD87 Ave De Diego San Juan PR 00927
- Dr. Ernesto Juan Perez DMDCarr 891 Km 15.1 Bo.pueblo Corozal PR 00783
- Dr. Maria Teresa Torres colon D.M.D.#650 Lloveras St. San Juan PR 00909
- Dr. Ivette Maria Martinez D.M.D.131 Ave Domenech San Juan PR 00918