Dr. Wiley Chambers is an ophthalmologist practicing in Washington, DC. Dr. Chambers specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Chambers can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Chambers can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Mechanical Engineering 1983
- Macular Degeneration
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Geo Washington Univ Hosp, Ophthalmology; Providence Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Wiley Andrew Chambers M.D.'s Practice location
Washington, DC 20037Get Direction
Dr. Wiley Andrew Chambers M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What is Eye Melanoma?
What is eye melanoma?Eye melanoma is also known as ocular melanoma. It is a type of cancer that develops in the eye, from the melanin-producing cells.Melanoma is a type of malignant cancer that develops in the melanin-producing cells all over the human body. Melanin-producing cells are known for the...
- Can I Have Cataract Surgery on Both Eyes at the Same Time?
When your doctor determines that both eyes have a cataract, the eye having a denser cataract will be operated on first. After a couple of days or weeks, the second eye can then be operated on.This approach gives the first eye time to recover and the vision to stabilize as you wait for another...
- How to Prepare for Lasik Eye Surgery
Lasik (laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis), commonly referred to as laser eye surgery or laser vision correction, is a revolutionary new technology that corrects distortion in vision using focused laser beams to remove corneal tissue. The reconstruction of the surface of the cornea enables it...
- Signs and Symptoms of Conjunctivitis
There are many causes of conjunctivitis such as:...
- What Is Bacterial Conjunctivitis?
What is bacterial conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the palpebral or bulbar part of the eye. There are many types and many causes of conjunctivitis. One common type is bacterial conjunctivitis, wherein bacteria that infect the eyes spread through direct contact with an infected...
- What are the Pros and Cons of Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery, short form for laser in situ keratomileusis, is the most exercised surgical option for correcting eye vision discrepancies in America. Its immense popularity has a lot to do with the significant vision improvement it brings about completely dispensing eyeglasses or contact lenses....
- Dr. Renee C. Bovelle M.D.12200 Annapolis Road Glenn Dale Maryland 20769
- Dr. Alisa Kim M.D.2403 Research Boulevard Rockville Maryland 20850
- Dr. Nancy Ann Tanchel M.D.8321 Old Courthouse Rd Vienna VA 22182
- Dr. Anna Park MD106 Irving St Nw Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Jeevan Mathura MD1160 Varnum ST NE Washington DC 20017
- Dr. Marshall Phillip Keys MD121 Congressional Ln Rockville MD 20852