Dr. Robert Brooks is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Hagerstown, MD. Dr. Brooks specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Brooks tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Johns Hopkins Univ Sch of Med, Baltimore Md 1982
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine 1982
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Georgetown Univ Hosp, Orthopedic Surgery; Georgetown Univ Hosp, General Surgery
Dr. Robert Louis Brooks M.D.'s Practice location
Hagerstown, MD 21740Get Direction
Dr. Robert Louis Brooks M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Diagnosis of Osteoporosis
It is important to get a diagnosis for osteoporosis as soon as you experience any of the symptoms associated with the condition. One should not prolong a visit with a doctor because the sooner the diagnosis, the sooner the individual will receive treatment.About 80% of your bone density is...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Can Arthritis Cause Back Pain?
Yes. Arthritis is one of the major causes of back pain and can cause long-term effects in an individual. Back pain is a common problem which affects 4 out of 5 of us at some point. Back pain is a type of pain experienced mostly through the spine. Back pain can last for a short time, but there are...
- What are metatarsal bones?
The five long bones of the metatarsus of the foot are known as the metatarsals. Just as metacarpals of the hand are made of different components, similarly, metatarsals are made of different components such as a proximal base, shaft, and distal head. Arches of the foot are formed by the metatarsal...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Misconceptions: Debunked
What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease, wherein the immune system mistakenly attacks the joints leading to stiffness, pain, and inflammation. Gradually, RA can lead to physical deformities. Rheumatoid arthritis is known to affect around 2 million Americans....
- Dr. Douglas Scott Tice MD309 MEDICAL CT MARTINSBURG WV 25401
- Dr. Joseph Patrick Cincinnati D.O.1008 Tavern Rd Martinsburg WV 25401
- Dr. John Allison Draper MD309 Medical Court Martinsburg WV 25401
- Dr. Ralph Thomas Salvagno M.D.13 Western Maryland Parkway Hagerstown MD 21742
- Dr. Bruce N Edwards MD11110 Medical Campus Rd Hagerstown MD 21742
- Dr. Thomas G Amalfitano MD13 Western Maryland Pkwy Hagerstown MD 21740