Dr. Philip Vassilopoulos practices Periodontics in Birmingham, AL. A periodontist is a dentist who specializes in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of periodontal disease, and in the placement of dental implants. Dr. Vassilopoulos has expertise in the treatment of oral inflammation and often treats problematic periodontal cases, such as those with severe gum disease or a complex medical history. Some treatments that Dr. Vassilopoulos provides are scaling and root planing and root surface debridement.
Dr. Philip John Vassilopoulos D.D.S.'s Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35294Get Direction
Dr. Philip John Vassilopoulos D.D.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
- The Connection Between Sleep Disorders and Schizophrenia
Schizophrenia, a complex and chronic mental illness, is often characterized by distorted cognition, abnormal social behaviors, and trouble distinguishing reality from unreality. Although individuals can develop schizophrenia at any age, it most commonly emerges in men and women during adulthood....
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Misconceptions: Debunked
What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease, wherein the immune system mistakenly attacks the joints leading to stiffness, pain, and inflammation. Gradually, RA can lead to physical deformities. Rheumatoid arthritis is known to affect around 2 million Americans....
- Lymphoma News: Mother Gives Birth to Healthy Daughter after Chemo During Pregnancy
Chemotherapy has a reputation for its not-so-great side effects. As many people know, chemotherapy is known to cause off target symptoms for most cancer patients such as nausea and vomiting, hair loss, and extreme fatigue. In addition to the symptoms that one may experience during treatment, some of...
- No, People with Cystic Fibrosis Are Not Contagious
It takes so much time and energy for someone with cystic fibrosis to just get through daily meds, treatments, and increased caloric intake.And, on deciding whether to do daily exercise or skip it (for one more day).You’re supposed to go out for a family gathering, but you’re so exhausted you may...
- Nephrotic Syndrome in Children: What You Need to Know
Nephrotic Syndrome in ChildrenNephrotic syndrome in children is not a disease, but rather a group of symptoms that usually indicate kidney damage (particularly glomeruli damage) and proteinuria (high levels of protein in the urine). When there is kidney damage, a protein called albumin, which is...
- The Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Gum Disease
Many diseases interact with rheumatoid arthritis, causing concern for patients and their families. Common diseases that have high comorbidity rates with rheumatoid arthritis are other autoimmune disorders. Lupus is an example of a disorder that might be correlated. Other diseases frequently...
- Dr. Alvin Willis Stevens D.M.D.400 Century Park S Birmingham AL 35226
- Dr. Marya Barnes D.M.D.1919 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35294
- Dr. Leigh Kent DDS, PHD2045 Brookwood Medical Ctr Dr Birmingham AL 35209
- Dr. Kevin Michael Sims DMD, MS, RPH4515 Southlake Pkwy Birmingham AL 35244
- Dr. Brett Maddux DMD3240 Edwards Lake Pkwy Birmingham AL 35235
- Dr. Ann F Drummond D.M.D.3825 Lorna Rd Birmingham AL 35244