Dr. Dan Omohundro is an ophthalmologist practicing in Fairfield, CT. Dr. Omohundro specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Omohundro can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Omohundro can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
New York Med Coll- Valhalla Ny 1974
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Univ Hosp Of Cleveland, Ophthalmology; L A Co-Usc Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- University Hospitals Of Cleveland
Dr. Dan Charles Omohundro MD's Practice location
Fairfield, CT 06825Get Direction
Dr. Dan Charles Omohundro MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Cataract Surgery?
The exact cause of cataracts is not known. Nevertheless, it seems that most cataracts are caused by long-term variations in the eye lens protein components which in turn causes cloudiness in the lens. Though not common, cataracts can affect infants and young children due to genetic enzyme...
- What is Chalazion? Know about its Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
What is Chalazion?A chalazion is a benign and painless nodule which can occur in the upper or lower eyelid. It is common and is sometimes called a meibomian cyst or a tarsal cyst. The term chalazion (pronounced kah-la'-ze-on) originates from the Greek word which means a small lump. These nodules...
- What Is Astigmatism?
Normally, the eye, cornea, and lens can easily focus light rays on the retina. The disease known asastigmatism is an imperfection in the curvature of the cornea, and it can produce a clear, round dome covering the iris and pupil.The cornea and lens remain smooth and are always curved equally in all...
- What are the Risks to Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery is a surgical procedure which corrects deteriorating vision by reshaping the surface of the eye, more precisely the corneal layer in such a manner that light enters the eye at the angle appropriate for correct vision. Nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia) and...
- What Affects Night Vision?
Problems with night vision is a very common problem. Most of the night vision problems, like halos, blurred vision, and night blindness, may be treated. Some of these may also be a sign of congenital medical condition, like retinitis pigmentosa. A number of other conditions, like exposure to the sun...
- Eye Twitching: Causes and How to Stop It
What is eye twitching?While it may seem like a normal experience of the eye, eye twitching could become irritating and could be a cause for concern when it persists for a long period of time and with higher frequency. In medical terms, eye twitching is known as blepharospasm, which is defined as an...
- Dr. Neeti Parikh MD605 West Avenue Norwalk Connecticut 6850
- Dr. Delia M. Manjoney MD2720 Main Street Bridgeport Connecticut 06606
- James Talbot11 Burtis Avenue New Canaan Connecticut 06840
- Dr. Randa M Garrana MD5471 E The Toledo Long Beach CA 90803
- Dr. Lori Dao MD4129 Stanford Avenue Dallas Texas 75225
- Dr. Brian M Debroff MD3060 Main St Stratford CT 06614