Dr. Rachel Ransom is a general surgeon practicing in Grand Rapids, MI. Dr. Ransom specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Ransom provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Rachel Ransom's Practice location
Grand Rapids, MI 49503Get Direction
Rachel Ransom's reviewsWrite Review
- What Conditions Warrant a Hysterectomy?
Upon reaching reproductive age, the womb (uterus) creates ideal conditions for pregnancy, gestation, and delivery of a baby. But many things can go wrong within the female reproductive system. Development of fibroid masses, outgrowths of the endometrial lining, and excessive vaginal bleeding are...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- How Is Liver Cancer Diagnosed?
How is Liver Cancer Diagnosed?Liver cancer is a common type of cancer which begins in the liver cells, or hepatocytes. Liver cancer is a cancer which affects one of the largest and most important organs of the body. Liver cancer is type of cancer which, when diagnosed at early stages, can be...
- What is a Sphincterotomy?
A fissure is the tearing of anal skin as a result of the overstretching of the anal opening by a big hard stool. Normally, sphincterotomy is related to constipation, chronic diarrhea (less often), inflammatory bowel disease or sexually transmitted infections that have anal and rectal effects. At...
- What Are the Side Effects of Cholecystectomy?
Cholecystectomy is a common surgical operation currently performed for the treatment of gallbladder problems. The operation is basically a surgery done to remove the gallbladder. The removal of the gallbladder can be done in two different methods.Methods Used in a CholecystectomyOne of the methods...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- Dr. Nicole Danielle Lorenz M.D.221 Michigan St Ne Grand Rapids MI 49503
- Dr. Donald J Scholten MD4069 Lake Dr Se Grand Rapids MI 49546
- Dr. David M Figg M.D.3230 Eagle Park Dr Ne Grand Rapids MI 49525
- Dr. Leon D Oostendorp M.D.3230 Eagle Park Dr Ne Grand Rapids MI 49525
- Dr. Paul Kemmeter MD2060 E Paris Ave Se Grand Rapids MI 49546
- Dr. Jennifer A Mclellan M.D.221 Michigan St Ne Grand Rapids MI 49503