Dr. Phillip Harter practices Emergency Medicine in Stanford, CA. Dr. Harter assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Harter examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science 1982
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
- Advocate Christ Med Ctr, Emergency Medicine
- Advocate Christ Medical Center Program
- Prehospital and disaster medicineTraining healthcare personnel for mass-casualty incidents in a virtual emergency department2010
- SIMULATION IN HEALTHCAREDesign, Development, and Evaluation of an Online Virtual Emergency Department for Training Trauma2008
- WORLD JOURL OF SURGERYSimulation for team training and assessment: Case studies of online training with virtual worlds2008
- ACADEMIC EMERGENCY MEDICINEEmergency medicine crisis resource magement (EMCRM)2003
- Anls of emergency medicineTeaching procedural skills to medical students2002
- ACADEMIC EMERGENCY MEDICINEVirtual reality and simulation: Training the future emergency physician2002
- Watson, N. T., Weiss, E. L., Harter, P. M.Famotidine in the treatment of acute urticaria2000
- AMERICAN JOURL OF ROENTGENOLOGYDETECTION OF URETERAL CALCULI IN PATIENTS WITH SUSPECTED REL COLIC1995
- ANLS OF EMERGENCY MEDICINEDEVELOPMENT OF VENTRICULAR-FIBRILLATION AFTER INTRAVENOUS CALCIUM1995
Dr. Phillip Harter MD's Practice location
Stanford, CA 94305Get Direction
Dr. Phillip Harter MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- What Is a CPK Lab Test?
What is creatine phosphokinase (CPK)?Creatine phosphokinase (CPK) is an enzyme, which is predominantly present in the heart, brain, and skeletal muscles. Converting creatine into phosphate is the main task of this enzyme. The cells of the body then quickly consume or burn this phosphate and use it...
- What Is Epistaxis?
What is epistaxis?Epistaxis or commonly called a nosebleed is defined as a type of bleeding that occurs from the nostrils, the nasal cavity, or the nasopharynx. Nosebleeds are mostly caused by the rupture of blood vessels inside the nose. Bleeding may be spontaneous or caused by injuries or trauma....
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- Robert Venable855 El Camino Real Palo Alto California 94301
- Dr. Sreeram Duriseti M.D., PH.D.1783 El Camino Real Burlingame CA 94010
- Dr. Gus M. Garmel MD900 Kiely Blvd Santa Clara CA 95051
- Dr. Edward Stanley Klofas M.D815 Pollard Road Los Gatos CA 95032
- Dr. Pravene A Nath M.D.300 Pasteur Dr Stanford CA 94305
- Dr. Natasa Popovic M.D.225 N Jackson Ave San Jose CA 95116