Dr. Keisa Alexander is a speech language pathologist practicing in NEW ORLEANS, LA. Dr. Alexander specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Alexander evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Alexander helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Keisa Lyzette Alexander M.A.'s Practice location
NEW ORLEANS, LA 70114Get Direction
Keisa Lyzette Alexander M.A.'s reviewsWrite Review
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- T michelle Bell M.S.,CCC-SLP1021 VALMONT ST NEW ORLEANS LA 70115
- Rachel Bowron1636 TOLEDANO ST NEW ORLEANS LA 70115
- Mr. Lesley Jernigan M.S.1636 TOLEDANO ST NEW ORLEANS LA 70115
- Kelly Bourgeois M.S., SLP6300 LESLIE ST METAIRIE LA 70003
- Paula Diannitto M.S., CCC-SLP8300 EARHART BLVD NEW ORLEANS LA 70118
- Mrs. Kelly P Scairono CCC-SLP9816 PAULA DR RIVER RIDGE LA 70123