Dr. Amy Martin is a speech language pathologist practicing in WYNNE, AR. Dr. Martin specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Martin evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Martin helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Amy Martin SLP's Practice location
WYNNE, AR 72396Get Direction
Mrs. Amy Martin SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Mrs. Laura Beth Bassham M.C.D.1300 FALLS BLVD N WYNNE AR 72396
- Mrs. Jessie L Morris MCD, CCC-SLP206 LAKE STREET PARKIN AR 72373
- Mrs. Paula Boaz SLP707 ELDRIDGE AVE E WYNNE AR 72396
- Ms. Ashley Danielle Busby801 DEADRICK ROAD FORREST CITY AR 72335
- Allison Breck Birdsong SPEECH PATHOLOGIST707 ELDRIDGE AVE E WYNNE AR 72396
- Mrs. Cindy R Easley SPEECH PATHOLOGIST59 COUNTY ROAD 395 WYNNE AR 72396