Dr. Paul Smith is a family practitioner practicing in Reno, NV. Dr. Smith specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Smith possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Nv Sch of Med, Reno Nv 1995
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine 1995
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- High Cholesterol
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Opiate Dependence
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Of Nv Sch Of Med, Family Medicine
- University of Nevada School of Medicine Program
Dr. Paul R Smith MD's Practice location
Reno, NV 89511Get Direction
Dr. Paul R Smith MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Why Do the Benefits Outweigh the Risks of Circumcision?
Male circumcision has been a highly debated topic with arguments both for and against it. Various religious and traditional practices across the globe favor circumcision. However, there are also large sections of the population in other parts of the world where circumcision is not recommended by...
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- Medical Conditions That Are Associated with Lethargy
What are The Symptoms of Lethargy?Lethargy symptoms include:• Sluggishness• Being moody• Decreased level of alertness• Low energy levels• Fatigue and lack of motivation• Depression• Weight loss• Sweating and diarrheaMedical conditions such as premenstrual syndrome and medicinal side...
- Paronychia Treatment
What is paronychia?Paronychia is a form of skin infection that occurs around the fingernails and toenails. Bacteria, Candida (yeast), or a combination of both microorganisms usually cause this infection. Paronychia may gradually or suddenly develop depending on the root cause of the infection. Its...
- How Do I Protect My Baby From Mumps?
How do I protect my baby from mumps?The virus of mumps is an airborne virus, which means that it spreads quickly between children and adults unless they have been vaccinated. Mumps is a common childhood illness. Your baby is protected from mumps when he/she has already has this infection or has been...
- When Could Orthopnea Mean Something More Serious?
IntroductionOrthopnea is the medical term used when referring to the occurrence of dyspnea (shortness of breath) when you are lying flat. This symptom is often a sign of heart failure. However, orthopnea can also be due to other health conditions. Dyspnea (shortness of breath) is not the same with...
- Dr. Victor Knutzen MD, FACS, FACOG.946 Marsh Ct Reno NV 89509
- Dr. Karen M. Stover MD10085 Double R Blvd Reno NV 89521
- Dr. Christopher Charles Highley D.O.1200 Mountain St Carson City NV 89703
- Dr. Cesar P Udani MD3300 W Centre Ave Portage MI 49024
- Dr. Dennis James Brown MD6880 S Mccarran Blvd Reno NV 89509
- Dr. Michelle A Kim MD635 Anderson Road Davis CA 95616