Ms. Leyla O Shune MD
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology1359 Maynard Dr W Saint Paul MN, 55116
Dr. Leyla Shune is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Saint Paul, MN. Dr. Shune specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Ms. Leyla O Shune MD's Practice location
Saint Paul, MN 55116Get Direction
WESTWOOD, KS 66205Get Direction
Ms. Leyla O Shune MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shune
- Overcoming Lymphoma: A South Philly Student's Story
In April of 2018, 18-year-old Alexis Carine was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma (HL), a blood cancer that begins in the lymphatic system. Her diagnosis was stage II HL, a cancer found in two or more lymph node areas, and both are either above or below the diaphragm (the muscle located just...
- Inspirational Blood Cancer Survivors
Different forms of blood cancer are responsible for claiming the third most lives out of all the types of cancer. Additionally, there are currently no known preventative treatments for blood cancers, and the disease also impacts children and young people more than any other form of cancer.When it...
- Living as a Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivor: Creating a New Normal
No one can ever truly be prepared for what it is like to live with cancer. Even the strongest survivors face setbacks, and some of the fiercest warriors share their stories of how they find their "new normals."Kimberly's storyWhen she was only 25, just five days before her wedding, Kimberly felt a...
- Lymphoma, the Persistence of Inspirational Women, and the Power of Language
Each year, Leukemia and Blood Cancer New Zealand (LBC) sponsors their Blood Cancer Patient Forum. They invite speakers to bring them news about such topics as treatment advances and management of cancer from a fully developed psycho-social perspective. Essentially, they dish up good old-fashioned...
- Breaking News on the Treatment of Follicular Lymphoma
Reuters, the international news agency out of London, has announced that the FDA has given a new drug “accelerated approval,” for the treatment of follicular lymphoma.The drug, Aliqopa (copanlisib), showed complete or partial shrinkage of tumors in 59% of study participants during drug studies,...
- Roles of the National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship
The National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship (NCCS) is a nonprofit, cancer advocacy organization that is located just outside of Washington D.C. To date, it is the oldest survivor-led cancer advocacy organization in the United States.The NCCS represents millions of Americans who share a common...
- Dr. Brian Christopher Betts M.D.909 FULTON ST SE MINNEAPOLIS MN 55455
- Dr. Linda Jean Burns M.D.University Of Minnesota Physicians Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Timothy R Toonen M.D.345 Sherman St Saint Paul MN 55102
- Dr. Nelli Bejanyan M.D.516 DELAWARE ST SE MINNEAPOLIS MN 55455
- Dr. Mukta Arora M.B., B.S.516 Delaware Street Se Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Gregory M Vercellotti MD424 Harvard Street Se Minneapolis MN 55455