Dr. Ki Shin is a physiatrist practicing in Houston, TX. Dr. Shin is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Shin focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Shin can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
- Physical functioning in female caregivers of children with physical disabilities compared with female caregivers of children with a chronic medical condition.
- Low back pain in adult female caregivers of children with physical disabilities.
- Inpatient rehabilitation improved functional status in asthenic patients with solid and hematologic malignancies.
- Inpatient cancer rehabilitation: the experience of a national comprehensive cancer center.
- An Analysis of Inpatient Rehabilitation Approval Among Private Insurance Carriers at a Cancer Center.
- Postacute Care in Cancer Rehabilitation.
Dr. Ki Y. Shin M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Ki Y. Shin M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Autism: The Early Signs and Symptoms
Social DifficultiesSocial disconnection is one of the most obvious signs of autism. Children with autism may appear uninterested, or unable to communicate and connect to the social world. Children with autism may not respond to their name being called, and may seem very distant. This is because they...
- 5 Tips on Living with ADHD
People suffering from ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) experience a lot of challenges. The symptoms associated with this condition can really be detrimental to an individual’s quality of life. However, being conversant with some useful tips on the management of such symptoms can be...
- The Best Lifestyle Choices for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Positive lifestyle changes can do wonders for rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and the condition's overall outcome. There is significant evidence that lifestyle intervention promotes better prognosis and prolongs the life of patients with the condition. In other words, good lifestyle choices make life...
- Osteoporosis: Know the Causes
Osteoporosis is a condition that results in reduced bone density and enhanced vulnerability of the bones. The detrimental thinning of the patient’s bones combined with the development of weaker bone crystals makes them highly susceptible to fractures.Although osteoporosis itself doesn’t directly...
- Is Bursitis a Chronic Ailment?
What is bursitis?Bursitis is a condition that causes inflammation of the bursa. Once the bursa is inflamed, it starts swelling. It causes pain around the affected area. The condition affects any part of the body where there are bursae.What is a bursa?A bursa is a sac-like cavity filled with fluid....
- When to See Your Doctor About Back Pain
One of the most common reasons why people visit their doctor is their back pain. According to the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS), 8 out of 10 people have some type of back pain. The pain originates in the spine and can manifest in multiple forms. The...
- Monika Shah Ayyar9119 Memorial Drive Houston Texas 77024
- Dr. Tova Alladice MD8200 WEDNESBURY LN HOUSTON TX 77074
- Dr. Suzanne Manzi M.D., FAAPMR4126 Southwest Freeway Houston TX 77027
- Dr. Walter H. Wade M.D.2002 HOLCOMBE BLVD HOUSTON TX 77030
- Dr. Jeffrey Berliner D.O.1333 Moursund St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Thomas R. Synek MD5150 Crenshaw Rd Pasadena TX 77505