Dr. Safdar Ali is a psychiatrist practicing in Phoenix, AZ. Dr. Ali is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Ali diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Ali may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Ali treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Nishtar Medical College, Bahuddin Zakaria Univ. 1984
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Univ Cincinnati Coll Med, Cardiovascular Diseases; Wayne St Univ-Detroit M C, Internal Medicine; St Luke'S Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Safdar Ali M.D.'s Practice location
Phoenix, AZ 85008Get Direction
Dr. Safdar Ali M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ali
- Cognitive Dissonance and How It Works
Cognitive dissonance definitionPsychologically speaking, cognitive dissonance is the mental discomfort (stress) that a person undergoes when he/she goes through simultaneous contradiction of ideas, values, or beliefs when doing something that runs counter to one or more of the ideas, values, or...
- Understanding Clinical Depression
Clinical depression is a serious medical illness that negatively affects how an individual feels, thinks, and how he or she acts. Depression varies from mild to severe, and in certain instances the individual can experience temporary episodes of sadness.Clinical depression is also known as major...
- The Top 10 Health Threats For Men
Here is a list of the top 10 dangerous diseases men can face in their lifetime. Don't be alarmed; many of these diseases are preventable and treatable. 1. Heart attack and cardiac arrestHeart attacks are caused by a blockage of any arteries that supply blood to the heart. Arteries can get clogged...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- Bulimia Nervosa: Get the Facts
Bulimia nervosa, commonly called as bulimia, is a serious eating disorder that can have potentially harmful effects. People with bulimia nervosa secretly eat and then purge through an unhealthy way, so they won't put on extra weight.This condition is characterized by repeated episodes of binge...
- What Is Male Borderline Personality Disorder?
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is defined as a mental disorder that generally affects the way individuals think and feel about themselves and other people. People with this personality disorder often have unstable personal relationships due to their extreme emotions, impulsiveness, and...
- Dr. Michael Fermo M.D.7514 E Monterey Way Scottsdale AZ 85251
- Winona Belmonte3716 East Mercer Lane Phoenix Arizona 85028
- Dr. Thomas D. Gazda M.D.3200 N Hayden Rd Scottsdale Arizona 85251
- Dr. Beatriz Mateus M.D.444 N 44th St Phoenix AZ 85008
- Dr. Karnail S. Dhillon MD5601 W Eugie Ave Glendale AZ 85304
- Dr. Gary Arthur Grove M.D.9813 N 95th St Scottsdale AZ 85258