Dr. Frederick Conrad is an ophthalmologist practicing in Abingdon, VA. Dr. Conrad specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Conrad can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Conrad can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ of Fl Coll of Med, Gainesville Fl 1962
University of Virginia School of Medicine
University of Florida College of Medicine 1963
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Bell's Palsy
- Univ Of Va Med Ctr, Ophthalmology; Univ Of Va Med Ctr, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; Univ Of Va Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- University of Virginia Program
Dr. Frederick Ellison Conrad M.D.'s Practice location
Abingdon, VA 24210Get Direction
Dr. Frederick Ellison Conrad M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Conrad
- What Is Double Vision?
What is Double Vision?Seeing two images of the same object displaced horizontally or vertically is known as double vision or diplopia. While most of the cases of double vision are not serious, some need to be treated quickly. There are three categories of diplopia:...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- What are the Side Effects of Cataract Surgery?
Cataract is a disease which makes an eye lens to appear cloudy, thus reducing the eyesight. A normal eye lens assists in focusing light onto the retina for clear and undistorted image appearance. When a cataract forms in the eye, it makes images appear blurred and distorted. Although cataracts can...
- Tay-Sachs Disease in Children
IntroductionHealthy infants tend to achieve their growth and development milestones in a timely manner. They also develop their vision, hearing, movement, and other types of vital functions because certain enzymes clear out fatty protein as well as other unwanted elements that can hinder normal...
- How to Get Rid of a Stye: 17 Home Remedies and Treatments
What is a stye?A stye occurs when a particular strain of bacteria affects the oil gland of the eyelid. It becomes infected and causes inflammation, redness, as well as pain on the eyelid and its surrounding tissues. A stye is an inflamed swelling or circumscribed abscess. It can be treated with...
- Vision Problems in Children
A child’s eyesight develops over time, starting with the ability to see objects 8 to 10 inches from their face. The child's eyesight improves gradually between the ages of 12-weeks-old to 16-weeks-old, to which they are able to see objects from farther away. Vision problems in children arise...
- Dr. Michael Barton Bradley M.D.3185 W State St Bristol TN 37620
- Deborah L Weddington Other1315 Euclid Ave Bristol VA 24201
- Dr. Sara Jeannette Creekmore D.O.328-A CUMMINGS ST. ABINGDON VA 24210
- Dr. William Fred Prestowitz MD328 Cummings St Abingdon VA 24210
- Mr. Jeffrey William Bunning M.D.3185 W State St Bristol TN 37620
- Dr. Joshua Aaron Hicks M.D.3185 W State St Bristol TN 37620