Dr. Martin A Turman MD, PHD
Nephrologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Nephrology1200 N Phillips Ave Suite 5100 Oklahoma City OK, 73104
Dr. Martin Turman is a pediatric nephrologist practicing in Oklahoma City, OK. Dr. Turman specializes in caring for children with chronic conditions such as hypertension, kidney disease, and chronic dialysis. Pediatric nephrologists have extensive knowledge on the dialysis and transplant processes, while simultaneously developing lasting relationships with the families of their young patients.
Education and Training
Univ of Co Sch of Med, Denver Co 1985
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Nephrology
- Efficacy of amlodipine in pediatric patients with hypertension.
- Possible association of retinoic acid with bone marrow transplant nephropathy.
- Segmental expression of somatostatin receptor subtypes sst(1) and sst(2) in tubules and glomeruli of human kidney.
- The natural immune barrier to xenotransplantation.
- Establishing pediatric immune response zones using the Cylex ImmuKnow assay.
- Limitations of commonly used internal controls for real-time RT-PCR analysis of renal epithelial-mesenchymal cell transition.
- EP2 receptor mediates PGE2-induced cystogenesis of human renal epithelial cells.
- Plasticity of epithelial cells derived from human normal and ADPKD kidneys in primary cultures.
- MKL1 mediates TGF-beta1-induced alpha-smooth muscle actin expression in human renal epithelial cells.
- Use of conivaptan to allow aggressive hydration to prevent tumor lysis syndrome in a pediatric patient with large-cell lymphoma and SIADH.
- Polyreactivity and antigen specificity of human xenoreactive monoclonal and serum natural antibodies.
- Arteriovenous fistulas for hemodialysis access in children and adolescents using the proximal radial artery inflow site.
- Prostaglandin E2 stimulates cystogenesis through EP4 receptor in IMCD-3 cells.
- Transforming growth factor-β inhibits cystogenesis in human autosomal dominant polycystic kidney epithelial cells.
- Cystatin C in children on chronic hemodialysis.
- Fairview-Univ Med Ctr, Pediatric Nephrology; Univ Of Co Sch Of Med, Pediatrics
Dr. Martin A Turman MD, PHD's Practice location
Oklahoma City, OK 73104Get Direction
PHOENIX, AZ 85006Get Direction
Dr. Martin A Turman MD, PHD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Turman
- 22 Year Old Battles Non-Traditional Ovarian Cancer for Second Time
Everyone who has had their own battle with cancer is a hero, and those who have had to deal with it more than once are some of the strongest warriors. At only 22 years old, Megan Santa Croce is fighting against a non-traditional form of ovarian cancer for the second time in her life. ...
- Cordyceps Health Benefits
What is cordyceps?Cordyceps is a type of fungus that lives on certain types of caterpillars. It is a species of edible medicinal mushroom, which is quite beneficial to health. They are very much closely related to other types of mushrooms, but they cannot be technically termed as the same as other...
- Wilms Tumor Facts
Wilms TumorWilms tumor, also called as nephroblastoma, is a type of cancerous tumor in the kidneys. The name of the disease comes from a German doctor named Max Wilms, who wrote about it in 1899. Children ages 3-4 years old are more likely to develop Wilms tumor.Wilms tumor accounts for around 9 out...
- What Is Renal Ultrasound Used For?
A renal ultrasound is actually a diagnostic procedure, wherein high-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. The echoes recorded into videos or images of the internal structures of the body.A wide range of diseases and conditions can be...
- Nephrotic Syndrome in Children: What You Need to Know
Nephrotic Syndrome in ChildrenNephrotic syndrome in children is not a disease, but rather a group of symptoms that usually indicate kidney damage (particularly glomeruli damage) and proteinuria (high levels of protein in the urine). When there is kidney damage, a protein called albumin, which is...
- What Could Lead to Nephrotic Syndrome?
IntroductionNephrotic syndrome refers to a group of symptoms that occur when there is something wrong with your kidneys. It can affect people of all ages and is often treatable. Kidney damage may be suspected if an individual shows any of the following symptoms:...