Dr. James Novak is a nephrologist practicing in Detroit, MI. Dr. Novak specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Novak most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
University of Mi Med Sch 1998
University of Michigan Medical School 2002
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Inositol and higher inositol phosphates in neural tissues: homeostasis, metabolism and functional significance.
- Impact of vitamin E on plasma asymmetric dimethylarginine (ADMA) in chronic kidney disease (CKD): a pilot study.
- Prevalence of kidney disease in HIV-infected and uninfected Rwandan women.
- Contrast-induced acute kidney injury following coronary angiography: a cohort study of hospitalized patients with or without chronic kidney disease.
- Anuric Acute Kidney Injury Induced by Acute Mountain Sickness Prophylaxis With Acetazolamide.
- Erdheim-Chester Disease: A Rare Presentation of a Rare Disease.
- Dabigatran Reversal in a Patient With End-Stage Liver Disease and Acute Kidney Injury.
- In Reply to 'Idarucizumab Dosing in Kidney Failure'.
- Member Henry Ford Medical Group
- University Mi
- University of Michigan Program
Dr. James Edmund Novak MD's Practice location
Detroit, MI 48202Get Direction
Dr. James Edmund Novak MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Blood in Urine: What is a Urine Test?
When you pee and see a stream of rusty red urine, the sight fills you with a sense of dread. You suspect that the discoloration is due to the presence of blood. A pungent odor may fuel the anxiety. The only way to confirm suspicions is through a urinalysis recommended by a primary caregiver. A...
- What Is a Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP) Used For?
Basic Metabolic PanelA basic metabolic panel is a group of blood tests that will give healthcare providers important information about an individual's current metabolic status, which includes kidney function, blood sugar levels, acid-base balance, and electrolyte balance. Having a combination of...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- Polydipsia: Excessive Thirst Causes and Symptoms
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is the medical term for excessive thirst. It is usually regarded as one of the initial symptoms of diabetes.It is normal to feel thirsty, especially after workouts and strenuous activities. It is quite important for people to drink the recommended amount of water per...
- Does Acute Renal Failure Cause Death?
Our body machinery comprises of various parts and components all together, embedded to function as a whole unit to support life. Each component that forms a part of the body machine has a specific contribution and any malfunction in any of the components can have adverse effects on the entire body....
Oliguria is a medical term used when referring to a decreased urine output. Oliguria is considered when a person’s urine output is less than 400 mL in a 24-hour period. When it comes to infants, oliguria occurs when the urine output is less than 0.5 mL/kg/hr for 24 hours. Anuria is the absence...
- Dr. Khaled Mostafa Ismail M.D.18302 Middlebelt Rd Livonia MI 48152
- Dr. Craig Newton Norris DO15520 19 Mile Rd Clinton Township MI 48038
- Dr. Shazia Raza MD2050 N Haggerty Road CANTON MI 48187
- Dr. Jeffrey Michael Gutman DO18100 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn MI 48124
- Dr. Abida Zafar MD22201 Moross Rd Grosse Pointe MI 48236
- Dr. Erin Lane Friedman D.O.23995 Greater Mack Ave Saint Clair Shores MI 48080