Dr. Michael Terrani MD
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)200 Garden City Plz Suite 100 Garden City NY, 11530
Dr. Michael Terrani is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Garden City, NY. Dr. Terrani specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Terrani can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Terrani can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Hadassah Medical School 1987
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Birth Defects
- North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System Program
Dr. Michael Terrani MD's Practice location
Garden City, NY 11530Get Direction
Commack, NY 11725Get Direction
Dr. Michael Terrani MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Terrani
- Understanding a Breast Cancer Biopsy Report
When a physician suspects that a patient may have breast cancer, they will likely call for a biopsy to be done in order to make an exact diagnosis and begin the prognosis stage. In order to do a biopsy tissue, cells, or lumps must be removed from the breast and sent to the lab in order to be tested....
- Some Women May Have the Genes That Cause Endometriosis
A new study published in the journal, Nature Genetics, has shown that women who have one of the two genetic variants may have increased risk of developing endometriosis. This offers new insight into the development of this condition, which affects about 6% to 10% of women. According to the...
- Ovarian Cancer Is Not Only Deadly, But Very Hard to Detect. Women Need to Stay Vigilant
September is known as Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. Ovarian cancer is a type of cancer of the cells of the ovaries. It can occur in several different parts of the ovary, including the germ, stromal or epithelial cells. Germ cells are the cells that become eggs, stromal cells make up the substance...
- Children May Have Asthma Because of Their Mother's Health Before and During Pregnancy
A new study has shown that children born from women who were overweight or obese during pregnancy has a higher risk of getting asthma during adolescence. The study conducted by the researchers from Britain, Finland, and Sweden shows that an individual's weight before pregnancy influences the...
- Fibroids: What Are Sex Hormone Suppressors?
Hormonal suppression is a form of hormone therapy that focuses on directly or indirectly altering the level of estrogen and progesterone in the body of people suffering from fibroids. These hormones are known to fuel the occurrence of fibroids. To regulate the levels of these hormones, special...
- Is Endometriosis Hereditary?
Endometriosis is a serious gynecological condition that affects the whole female reproductive system. There are many possible causes for this condition and the genetic factor is one of them. Visit your gynecologist if you have any of these symptoms:...
- Dr. Peter Guirguis M.D.522 3RD ST BROOKLYN NY 11215
- Anat Zelmanovich509 East 77th Street New York New York 10075
- Dr. Janelle Luk M.D.115 East 57th Street New York NY 10022
- Dr. Miller Vaca M.D.1065 Southern Blvd Bronx NY 10459
- Dr. Juanita Mestre-Dudley M.D.1400 Pelham Pkwy S Bronx NY 10461
- Dr. Rony Tanios Elias M.D.1305 York Ave New York NY 10021