Dr. Ashanty Vazquez is a speech language pathologist practicing in OVIEDO, FL. Dr. Vazquez specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Vazquez evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Vazquez helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Ms. Ashanty Vazquez SLP's Practice location
OVIEDO, FL 32765Get Direction
Ms. Ashanty Vazquez SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Kimberly H Stewart M.A. SLP1850 LEE RD STE 134 WINTER PARK FL 32789
- Jade Marie Schmidt M.S. CCC/SLP3590 N US HIGHWAY 17/92 LAKE MARY FL 32746
- Mrs. Jane Katherine Autenneth MA CCC-SLP251 PLAZA DR STE C OVIEDO FL 32765
- Mrs. Jennifer Elizabeth Culumber M.A., CCC-SLP10382 LAKE DISTRICT LN ORLANDO FL 32832
- Tyler Tunningley SLP11315 CORPORATE BLVD ORLANDO FL 32817
- Manal Fakhoury1525 INTERNATIONAL PKWY LAKE MARY FL 32746