Dr. Robert Kanter practices Endocrinology in Seattle, WA. Dr. Kanter specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Kanter examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Univ of Chicago, Pritzker Sch of Med, Chicago Il 1973
University of Chicago Division of the Biological Sciences The Pritzker School of Medicine 1973
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Endocrinology and Metabolism
- High Cholesterol
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
- Thyroid Cancer
- Vascular Disease
- Michael Reese Hosp Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Kings County Hosp Ctr, Internal Medicine
- MICHAEL REESE HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER
Dr. Robert A Kanter M.D.'s Practice location
Seattle, WA 98133Get Direction
Seattle, WA 98125Get Direction
Dr. Robert A Kanter M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Holistic Treatments for Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism is a very common condition in which the thyroid gland is unable to produce adequate hormones to maintain the metabolic levels of the body. Having a low amount of thyroid hormones in the blood affects the energy production in cells. A decrease in thyroid hormones leads to fatigue and...
- How to Prevent Sepsis
What is sepsis?Sepsis is a severe condition that occurs as a result of an overwhelmed immune system due to an infection. Widespread inflammation is activated by immunity chemicals that are released into the blood to fight the infection. This causes leaky vessels and blood clots. The flow of the...
- Hypothyroidism: Why Am I Always Exhausted?
Hypothyroidism is a common condition in which the thyroid gland is underactive and does not produce enough hormones. These hormones are very important in maintaining the metabolism of the body. Metabolism refers to the process by which cells produce and utilize energy from food. A reduction in the...
- What are the Treatment Options for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome?
Polycystic ovary syndrome, or PCOS, is a hormonal disorder in women that may cause menstrual problems and issues with pregnancy. It is caused by imbalance of reproductive hormones which create problems in the ovaries. As a part of healthy menstrual cycle each month the ovaries release an egg. With...
- What Are the Long-Term Effects of Type 2 Diabetes?
Introduction of DiabetesDiabetes is a condition where the insulin hormone is either not produced properly or not absorbed well, and as a result, there is too much sugar or glucose in the blood. High blood sugar levels can cause damage to the body’s organs over time. There are a lot of possible...
- Frequent Consumption of Red Meat May Lead to Diabetes, Study Shows
“Health is Wealth” as the saying goes, but keeping oneself healthy is one of the most challenging parts of a daily routine. Living in this fast-paced life can be too overwhelming for some, and as a way to relieve their daily stress, they resort to higher food consumption that can put their...
- Dr. Rodney D Skoglund MD16259 Sylvester Rd Sw Seattle WA 98166
- Dr. Subbulaxmi Trikudanathan MD, MRCP4225 Roosevelt Way Ne Seattle WA 98105
- Elaine D Henley OtherUniversity Of Washington Medical Ctr Seattle WA 98195
- Dr. Dace L Trence MD4225 Roosevelt Way Ne Seattle WA 98105
- Irl B Hirsch OtherUniversity Of Washington Medical Center Seattle WA 98105
- Dr. Gholam Ali Mozaffarian M.D., F.A.C.P.1221 Madison St Seattle WA 98104