Dr. Charles Barr is an ophthalmologist practicing in Louisville, KY. Dr. Barr specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Barr can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Barr can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Johns Hopkins Univ Sch of Med, Baltimore Md 1975
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine 1975
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Tear
- Macular Hole
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Drexel University College of Medicine/Hahnemann University Hospital Program
Dr. Charles C Barr M.D.'s Practice location
Louisville, KY 40202Get Direction
Louisville, KY 40207Get Direction
Dr. Charles C Barr M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Barr
- What are the Pros and Cons of Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery, short form for laser in situ keratomileusis, is the most exercised surgical option for correcting eye vision discrepancies in America. Its immense popularity has a lot to do with the significant vision improvement it brings about completely dispensing eyeglasses or contact lenses....
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
- Pink Eye vs. Allergies
IntroductionThe eye is one of the sensitive parts of the body, and it easily gets affected by any irritants such as microbes. Eyes turning red would be due to not getting enough sleep or not blinking enough in a day. In certain cases, it can also be a sign of some kind of infection or...
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- What Could a Swollen Eyelid Mean?
Your eyelid’s skin is stretchy and loose with a thickness of less than 1 mm. Your eyelids can swell if there is a buildup of fluid in the tissues that surround your eyes.In most cases, swollen eyelids are not a cause for concern and can return back to its normal shape and size after a few days....
- What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of LASIK Eye Surgery?
LASIK, or laser in situ keratomileusis, is a very popular surgical procedure to correct and improve vision, and reduces an individual's dependence on contact lenses and glasses. It is a very common refractive surgical procedure to correct different types of vision issues, including nearsightedness,...
- Dr. Todd Purkiss M.D., PH.D.6420 Dutchmans Pkwy Louisville KY 40205
- Dr. Ashima Kumar Gupta MD1553 Highway 44E Shepherdsville KY 40165
- Dr. Casey H Johnson MD6400 Dutchmans Pkwy Louisville KY 40205
- Dr. Lloyd Ross Taustine MD1169 Eastern Pkwy Louisville KY 40217
- Dr. Mark Cassol M.D.800 ZORN AVE LOUISVILLE KY 40206
- Dr. Edward Britt Brockman M.D.519 State St New Albany IN 47150