Dr. Frederic Gilhousen is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Kansas City, KS. Dr. Gilhousen specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Gilhousen tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Univ of Ks Sch of Med, Kansas City Ks 1966
University of Wales in Great Britain 1966
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Univ Hosp & Clinics, Orthopedic Surgery; Bethany Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Frederic M Gilhousen MD's Practice location
Kansas City, KS 66112Get Direction
Dr. Frederic M Gilhousen MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatments for Arthritis: 5 Tips on Living with Arthritis
Living with arthritis is never easy. People who are suffering from this disease will tell you that for sure. You will face constant pain in your arms, legs, your back, and joints. In a word, you will feel like your bones are falling apart. Equally important is that the pain can have a serious impact...
- Everything You Need to Know About Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel surgery is a medical procedure that is done to treat a condition known as carpal tunnel syndrome. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition where a ligament known as the transverse carpal ligament lies over the median nerve, putting pressure on it. The condition causes numbness, weakness,...
- Muscle Relaxants for Fibromyalgia
What is fibromyalgia?Fibromyalgia is known as a muscle-related pain syndrome or myofascial pain syndrome. It can be due to a general type of pain such as muscle pain or back pain, and certain tender areas in the body. Individuals suffering from fibromyalgia would have various tender spots in the...
- 10 Tips on Living with Bursitis
Bursitis is a condition that causes inflammation and pain around the joints. This can happen in the tendons, muscles, or even bones. It is brought by inflammation of the bursa. Bursa is a fluid-filled sac that acts as a cushion around your joints. Usually, when your joints are subjected to excess...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Recovery from Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel surgery is usually done to cut the transverse carpal ligament. This ligament is one of the most important parts of the hand. It holds the bones and muscles of your hand together, which means that once it is severed, then your hand loses a very important part, and regaining its previous...
- William Owen Hopkins7301 Mission Rd Prairie Village KS 66208
- Dr. John Paul Schroeppel M.D.3901 Rainbow Blvd. Kansas City Kansas 66103
- Dr. Thomas L. Shriwise M.D.3651 College Blvd. Leawood Kansas 66211
- Dr. Michael Joseph Latteier MD7277 Smilth's Mill Road New Albany OH 43054
- Dr. Joshua Joe Niemann M.D.4320 Wornall Rd Kansas City MO 64111
- Dr. Charles Craig Satterlee M.D.2790 Clay Edwards Dr Kansas City MO 64116