Dr. Kevin O'dell practices Emergency Medicine in Shelby, NC. Dr. O'dell assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. O'dell examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
University of Nebraska College of Medicine 1983
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
- Permanent internal pacemaker safety in air medical transport.
- Ruptured splenic abscess secondary to infectious mononucleosis.
- Acute jejunogastric intussusception: a rare cause of abdominal pain.
- Gastrostomy tube transmigration: a rare cause of small bowel obstruction.
- Dissecting thoracic aortic aneurysm in a 22-year-old man.
- Intracavernous carotid aneurysm--an unusual cause of isolated abducens nerve palsy.
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
Dr. Kevin Bruce O'dell MD's Practice location
Shelby, NC 28150Get Direction
Kings Mountain, NC 28086Get Direction
HENDERSON, NC 27536Get Direction
Dr. Kevin Bruce O'dell MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. O'dell
- What Causes Dehydration?
Humans have approximately 60 percent of water in the body. Even if 1.5-2 percent of that water is lost, mild dehydration will start, which can lead to severe dehydration requiring immediate medical attention. Because your mood, energy level, and coordination deteriorate with the loss of body fluids,...
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
What is lightheadedness?Lightheadedness or feeling faint may not always be a cause for concern. However, it may also indicate an underlying health problem and can increase the risk of falling and fall-related injuries. If you feel lightheaded, drink water or fluids containing electrolytes and take...
- Copperhead Snake Bites: What Does It Look Like?
Copperhead snake bites are one of the frequently reported snakebites annually. However, they are rarely fatal. Most of the time, snakebites happen when people accidentally step on or touch snakes, which are excellent at blending into their surroundings. When copperhead snakes are disturbed, they...
- What Is a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)?
OverviewA transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a mini-stroke, which only lasts for a few minutes. It occurs when blood stops flowing to a part of the brain for a short time. The symptoms of TIA are similar to other symptoms of stroke, but they do not last long, so TIA does not lead to permanent...
- Dr. Zachary Piazza Kahler MD1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte NC 28203
- Dr. Bruce Flitt DO201 E Grover St Shelby NC 28150
- Dr. Richard K Hughlett MD201 E Grover St Shelby NC 28150
- Dr. Jonathan Leake M.D.1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte NC 28203
- Dr. Paul Daniel Karns M.D.1530 N Limestone St Gaffney SC 29340
- Dr. Victor Zuniga M.D.201 E Grover St Shelby NC 28150