Dr. Robert E Hawkins MD
Vascular Surgeon | Vascular Surgery887 Congress St Suite 400 Portland ME, 04102
Dr. Robert Hawkins is a vascular surgeon practicing in Portland, ME. Dr. Hawkins specializes in disorders relating to the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems. As a vascular surgeon, Dr. Hawkins diagnoses and treats vascular diseases and performs vasular surgeries. Common conditions that a vascular surgeon treats are aneurysms, atherosclerosis and varicose veins. Vascular specialists might also treat trauma, venous ulcers, poor leg circulation, peripheral arterial disease and other vascular-related issues.
Education and Training
Albany Medical College - Union University 1982
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Varicose Veins
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (aaa)
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Vascular Disease
- Maine Med Ctr, General Surgery
- Maine Medical Center Program
Dr. Robert E Hawkins MD's Practice location
Dr. Robert E Hawkins MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hawkins
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- How are Varicose Veins Diagnosed?
Blood from body organs is transported to the heart via blood vessels, or veins. Organs use oxygen to function, and they discharge blood that has been used that contains waste products like carbon dioxide. The veins then take the blood to the heart and back to the lungs, where the carbon dioxide is...
- How is Deep Vein Thrombosis Treated?
The formation of blood clots in one of the deep veins in the leg may not be entirely serious alone. However, if the clot breaks off and moves towards the heart and other organs, it may lead to complications. Blood clots in the leg may cause leg pain but may also not cause any symptoms at all....
- Does Aneurysm Require Surgery?
An aneurysm is the formation of a bulge when the walls of the arteries weaken. It is an artificial condition that can remain undetected for years. If it ruptures, it could lead to many complications and, at times, even death. The following are a few figures concerning the deaths caused by different...
- Decubitus Ulcers or Pressure Ulcers: What Are They?
Decubitus ulcers or pressure ulcers, more commonly known as bedsores, are open wounds on your skin due to the prolonged pressure applied to the area. These ulcers occur mostly over the bony prominences such as the hips, tailbone, ankle, and heels. Bedsores are a frequent condition experienced by...
- What Is Varicose Vein Stripping?
A vein is a blood vessel that carries blood through your body. Varicose veins are one among a spectrum of chronic vein problems. It is common and can be found in up to 20% of the adult population. The severity of the condition varies and while varicose veins are responsible for significant...
- Dr. Douglas L Jicha MD306 Us Route 1 Scarborough ME 04074
- Dr. Christopher Thomas Healey M.D.887 Congress St Portland ME 04102
- Dr. Jens Eldrup-jorgensen MD887 Congress St Portland ME 04102
- Dr. Christopher Ward MD22 Bramhall St Portland ME 04102
- Dr. Paul H Bloch MD887 Congress St Portland ME 04102
- Carl E Bredenberg M.D.8 Fox Hill Rd Cape Elizabeth ME 04107