Dr. Edward Merker is an internist practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Merker specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Merker provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
New York Univ Sch of Med, New York Ny 1965
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Geriatric Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Endocrinology and Metabolism- 1977
- Acromegaly, Adrenal Crisis, Adrenal Cancer And More
- Member ATA
- Member ADA
- Member ENDOCRINE SOCIETY
- Member PITUITARY SOCIETY
- Mt Sinai Med Ctr, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism; Elmhurst Hosp Ctr-Mt Sinai, Internal Medicine; Mt Sinai Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Barnes-Jewish Hosp-S Campus, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Mt Sinai Hospital 1966
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- The Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York
Dr. Edward Merker M.D.'s Practice location
New York, NY 10028Get Direction
New York, NY 10075Get Direction
Dr. Edward Merker M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Merker
- Bladder Spasms: the Causes and Symptoms
As the urinary bladder fills, the sensation to release urine gradually builds up. Few people have a continuous urge to ease the bladder while experiencing pain. This situation, called bladder spasms, may lead to wetting one's pants. Bladder spasms are caused by the muscles of the bladder contracting...
- What Do Tonsils Look Like?
Introduction Tonsils are a pair of lymphoid tissues that are located at the back of the throat. They belong to the lymphatic system and help fight infections. Normally, they are pinkish in color. However, sometimes, tonsils become enlarged, red, and irritated when they get infected.When they are...
- What Is Hib Meningitis?
Hib meningitis is an infectious disease that is life-threatening. The disease is characterized by inflammation of the surrounding layers of the spinal cord and the brain. The meninges are layers that assist in protecting the brain from infection and injury. Children who are below 4 years old are the...
- Is Yawning Contagious?
Contagious yawning among total strangers is very rare, according to a new study. People are more likely to yawn when they see somebody yawning, if the other person is family member or friend. A recent study shows that yawning is a sign of social empathy and emotional bonds between family and...
- What Is a Drug Interaction?
IntroductionAccording to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 20,000 deaths annually happen due to unintentional drug poisoning. Moreover, the US Food and Drug Administration stated that four or more prescribed medications are concurrently taken by 40 percent of Americans,...
- Are Weight Loss Supplements Effective?
Have you ever considered herbal supplements to achieve a slim physique? There are many different types of herbal supplements that contain a variety of ingredients, like appetite suppressants, Ephedrine, Chitosan, Dandelion, Clenbuterol, Cascara, Guar Guam, and diuretics. Are these ingredients safe...
- Dr. Walid Elkhalili MD6-20 Plaza Rd Fairlawn NJ 07410
- Mohammed Elamir M.D.14 High Meadow Rd Saddle River NJ 07458
- Dr. Rafael Sezan M.D.135 Ocean Parkway Brooklyn NY 11218
- Dr. Geraldine S. Meanor MD150 Ridgewood Avenue Glen Ridge New Jersey 7028
- Dr. Gavriel Fuzaylov MD102-10 66th Rd Flushing New York 11375
- Dr. Katherine A. Gold M.D.5 Debevoise Street Brooklyn New York 11206