Dr. Brian R Sygiel MD
Ophthalmologist6900 Orchard Lake Rd Suite 307 West Bloomfield MI, 48322
Dr. Brian Sygiel is an ophthalmologist practicing in West Bloomfield, MI. Dr. Sygiel specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Sygiel can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Sygiel can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Wayne State Univ Sch of Med, Detroit Mi 1996
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- FellowAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology
- Wm Beaumont Hosp, Ophthalmology; Wm Beaumont Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Wm Beaumont Hospital
- Beaumont Hospitals
- Beaumont Health System 1996
Dr. Brian R Sygiel MD's Practice location
West Bloomfield, MI 48322Get Direction
FARMINGTON HILLS, MI 48334Get Direction
Dr. Brian R Sygiel MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sygiel
- What Causes Cataracts, and What Can Be Done to Fix Them?
When the lens of the eye becomes clouded, it is deemed to be cataract. This is the leading cause of vision loss in people over the age of 40, and cataracts are responsible for the majority of blindness across the globe. Over 22 million Americans over the age of 40 are currently affected by...
- Diabetic Retinopathy
Diabetic retinopathy is a long-term complication of diabetes that affects the eyes. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that diabetic retinopathy is responsible for 4 percent of the 45 million cases of blindness throughout the world. It is caused by a damage to the blood vessels of the...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Pink Eye vs. Allergies
IntroductionThe eye is one of the sensitive parts of the body, and it easily gets affected by any irritants such as microbes. Eyes turning red would be due to not getting enough sleep or not blinking enough in a day. In certain cases, it can also be a sign of some kind of infection or...
- Treatments for Conjunctivitis
Conjunctivitis or "pinkeye" is an infection of the conjunctiva, the thin, clear membrane coating the white of the eye and lining the inside of the eyelid. The symptoms may vary slightly depending on the cause, but are distinct: redness of the white part of the eye, tearing, a thick yellow discharge...
- What are the Side Effects of Cataract Surgery?
Cataract is a disease which makes an eye lens to appear cloudy, thus reducing the eyesight. A normal eye lens assists in focusing light onto the retina for clear and undistorted image appearance. When a cataract forms in the eye, it makes images appear blurred and distorted. Although cataracts can...
- Dr. Gabriel Sosne MD31500 Telegraph Road Birmingham Farms Michigan 48025
- Dr. Marshall N Cyrlin MD29275 Northwestern Hwy Southfield MI 48034
- Dr. David M. Shepherd MD41935 West Twelve Mile Road Novi Michigan 48377
- Dr. Mirwat S. Sami MD3730 Kirby Drive Houston Texas 77098
- Dr. Samir A. Shah M.D.19582 Beach Blvd. Huntington Beach California 92645
- Dr. Alan M Mindlin MD1750 S Telegraph Rd Bloomfield Hills MI 48302