Dr. Richard Elmer Rattay M.D.
Orthopaedic Surgeon250 S. Crescent Drive Mason City IA, 50401
Dr. Richard E. Rattay is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and has a second board certification in Surgery of the Hand and Upper Extremity, currently providing state-of-the-art orthopaedic ...
Education and Training
University of Iowa Medical School MD
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS- Surgery of the Hand
- MemberAmerican Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Dr. Richard Elmer Rattay M.D.'s Practice location
Mason City, IA 50401Get Direction
MASON CITY, IA 50401Get Direction
Dr. Richard Elmer Rattay M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rattay
- What Is Spinal Stenosis Back Surgery?
What is spinal stenosis?Spinal stenosis is a disorder of the spine in which the spinal chord narrows. Congenital spinal stenosis is a condition in which the spine is already narrowed at birth. Factors that can result in spinal stenosis are herniated discs, osteophytes, which are ingrown bones or...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Recovering from Knee Replacement Surgery
Proper rehabilitation and a well-carried out recovery give you the chance to get back on your feet and continue an active lifestyle after knee replacement surgery. Setting and working toward goals will hasten healing and improve your chances for long-term success. It is important to commit to a plan...
- What to Expect in Laminectomy and Spinal Fusion
Decompressive laminectomy is done to release pressure exerted on the roots of the nerves found on the lower back. The condition is mostly brought by old age. There are, however, other reasons your surgeon may suggest surgery. These include herniated discs, traumas, and tumors. In case you are going...
- Spine Doctors vs. Chiropractors
Patients may often ask themselves which doctor they should see for their back pain. Studies have shown that chiropractors provide effective treatment for back pain. However, chiropractors cannot treat all causes of back pain because there are also conditions that should be diagnosed and treated by a...
- How to prevent Knee Pain
Knee pain is a common problem encountered by many people especially middle aged and elderly individuals. It has many causes, from acute injuries to complications of medical conditions, such as arthritis. Symptoms of knee injury can include pain, swelling, and stiffness.Knee pain is generally divided...
- Dr. Darron M Jones MD250 S. Crescent Drive Mason City IA 50401
- Dr. Timothy A Gibbons M.D.250 S. Crescent Drive Mason City IA 50401
- Dr. Michael W Crane M.D.250 S. Crescent Drive Mason City IA 50401
- Dr. Michael Bentley Scherb M.D.250 S. Crescent Drive Mason City IA 50401
- Dr. Eric J Potthoff D.O.250 S. Crescent Drive Mason City IA 50401
- Dr. Marcia K Nelsen M.D.250 S Crescent Dr Mason City IA 50401