Dr. Richard Elmer Rattay M.D.
Orthopaedic Surgeon250 S. Crescent Drive Mason City IA, 50401
Dr. Richard E. Rattay is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and has a second board certification in Surgery of the Hand and Upper Extremity, currently providing state-of-the-art orthopaedic ...
Education and Training
University of Iowa Medical School MD
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS- Surgery of the Hand
- Member American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Dr. Richard Elmer Rattay M.D.'s Practice location
Mason City, IA 50401Get Direction
MASON CITY, IA 50401Get Direction
Dr. Richard Elmer Rattay M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rattay
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Holistic Treatments for Arthritis
Arthritis is a painful, progressive disease that affects the joints of an individual. There are many treatments available for arthritis. Each and every one of them works differently, depending on the stage of arthritis at which they are implemented. As we already know, if not treated, arthritis can...
- What Is Bursitis: Get the Facts
There are conditions that we experience or live with in our life. Moreover, we tend to assume that most of them are normal or of no much importance. Some of these conditions or feelings in our bodies may later cause bigger problems and it is necessary to understand them and their sources. It is also...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- What to Expect in Laminectomy and Spinal Fusion
Decompressive laminectomy is done to release pressure exerted on the roots of the nerves found on the lower back. The condition is mostly brought by old age. There are, however, other reasons your surgeon may suggest surgery. These include herniated discs, traumas, and tumors. In case you are going...
- What Is Saddle Paresthesia?
Saddle ParesthesiaA set of severe sciatica symptoms are described in saddle paresthesia. These symptoms can occur in the buttocks, perineum, and groin. Sometimes, this condition is also referred to as saddle anesthesia. When there is a sensation of tingling and numbness in the affected area, the...
- Dr. Michael Bentley Scherb M.D.250 S CRESCENT DR MASON CITY IA 50401
- Dr. Michael W Crane M.D.250 S CRESCENT DR MASON CITY IA 50401
- Dr. Eric J Potthoff D.O.250 S CRESCENT DR MASON CITY IA 50401
- Dr. Darron M Jones MD250 S CRESCENT DR MASON CITY IA 50401
- Dr. Timothy A Gibbons M.D.250 S CRESCENT DR MASON CITY IA 50401
- Dr. Marcia K Nelsen M.D.250 S Crescent Dr Mason City IA 50401